Due to reduced density on campus during summer and the potential for an increase in unauthorized access to buildings, Metropolitan State University of Denver is making some access-control changes to the exterior doors of MSU Denver buildings.
Changes to building access are as follows:
- Aerospace Engineering and Sciences Building – Only the main door across from the Dogwood parking lot will remain unlocked Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Cohen Center for Athletics – All exterior doors will continue to be badge-access-only (this is the case no matter the semester).
- Hospitality Learning Center – Only the door next to the valet loop and Degree Restaurant will remain unlocked Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; and Friday and Saturday from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. It will be closed on Sundays.
- Jordan Student Success Building – Only the main double doors next to Dazbog will remain unlocked Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
These changes will go into effect today, June 1.
All other exterior doors of MSU Denver buildings will be accessible by badge only for the remainder of summer. Over the summer months, the University will collaborate with the Auraria Higher Education Center and institutional partners on long-term solutions to building access and security. Stay tuned for further information.
Support campus safety
In the meantime, MSU Denver will host construction teams throughout summer as a number of offices and departments are moved to new locations to accommodate campus improvements and the Sim Labs project. Campus community members are never expected to intervene in the event of a potential safety or security situation. However, if you encounter any person or activity in your space that doesn’t align with regular operations or construction activities, please contact the Auraria Campus Police Department to make a report at 303-556-5000.
Ways to support campus safety:
- While the impulse to hold open doors for others is admirable, please do so only for people you know to be students or employees.
- Rely on the University’s official communication channels and share only verified information.
- The Early Bird, the MSU Denver Office of Facilities webpage and the AHEC website will remain the official communication channels regarding campus safety, construction and operations. If you encounter information that has not been verified or shared through these channels, please follow up with questions so we can ensure accuracy.
- If you have suggestions for improving campus safety and security, please share them via the President’s Idea Catcher.