I have a lot to share this week, so here’s a new acronym for you: BLUF. The “bottom line upfront” is:
- The Sim Labs project is progressing, and you can see a general schedule and noise-impact information below.
- Campus constituents are invited to weigh in on the Auraria Campus Master Plan.
Stay healthy and protect others
As we enter the season for colds, flu and Covid, please double down on health and safety best practices:
- Get vaccinated! Immunizations will be available at the Health Center at Auraria beginning Sept. 25.
- Wash your hands often.
- Cover your cough.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick (and encourage others to do the same).
Health Institute Simulation Labs progress
West Classroom Building
Portions of the West Classroom Building will remain closed through next August due to construction as part of the Health Institute Simulation Labs project. Please continue refer to the project’s SharePoint site for maps that will help users navigate safely around the construction zone.
West Classroom Second Floor Access:
Additionally, construction continues on the third floor of the Administration Building to remodel spaces for the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology and the Center for Teaching, Learning and Design.
E-mail updates will be sent to West Classroom and Central Classroom Building occupants to help them anticipate and work around construction noise. Construction crews will try to adhere to the following:
Noise level: low
- Levels should remain low during normal business hours to accommodate working and learning.
Noise level: medium
- Levels will be higher before 8 a.m. but may also escalate during business hours. Building occupants will receive an alert recommending remote working and learning at the occupants’ discretion.
Noise level: high
- Work that results in significant noise will be completed before 8 a.m. as much as possible. If significant noise is anticipated beyond 8 a.m., building occupants will receive an alert strongly recommending remote working and learning at the occupants’ discretion.
Sim Labs construction schedule:
- Through October: Administration Building third-floor construction, Suite 310 (Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology) – in progress.
- Through November: Administration Building third-floor construction, Suites 326 and 360 (Center for Teaching, Learning and Design) – in progress.
- Through November: West Classroom second-floor demolition – ongoing.
- November-June 2024: West Classroom Building second floor and Central Classroom Building Suites 105 and 220 remodeling construction.
- March-August 2024: Auraria Higher Education Center Project B Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Upgrade, full closure of West and Central Classroom buildings.
See a full list of department relocations and contact information on the project SharePoint page.
What’s next for the project
All Roadrunners are invited to join the Project Update meetings. The next meeting is Sept. 19 from 1-2 p.m. Click here to join the meeting.
Please submit any questions or feedback to Martha Nelson, senior project manager for Facilities Planning, Design and Construction.
Take the 2023 AHEC Master Plan Survey
Finally, AHEC, in coordination with the three campus institutions, is updating the Auraria Campus Master Plan. As part of the data-collection process for the new plan, Sasaki Associates has led two open houses and is conducting an interactive online survey to help inform physical design, educational opportunities and development scenarios. All faculty members, staff members and students are invited to participate.
The survey includes an interactive mapping tool that asks participants to show where they live, work, study and socialize. As Auraria is a commuter campus, this data is essential to understand the extents of MSU Denver’s reach. You will also have the opportunity to add comments about the campus experience.
Thank you for staying up to date on all the exciting things happening at MSU Denver.
Larry Sampler, chief operating officer and vice president for Administration