Conduct Appeal Form & Process

Student Complaints + Appeals

Occasionally students may have a concern or complaint about something that has happened to them with MSU Denver. The University is committed to providing students with information about and referrals to processes that they can use to address their concerns.  This is a guide to the most commonly used processes, though there may be other processes for students to use depending on their circumstances.

Staff members within the Dean of Students Office are available to help students understand which processes might be right for their situation. Once a student decides which process is right for them, we can help them understand how the process works. While we cannot act as an advocate for a student, our Student Conflict Resolution Services staff can provide guidance in navigating the processes as well as coaching on how to approach a conflict.

Often the decision to pursue a complaint or grievance process arises following a stressful event, or the steps involved in the process may be stressful or anxiety-provoking for a student. Students are encouraged to visit the MSU Denver Counseling Center for support if needed. Students may also have the right to have an advisor or support person with them while navigating a complaint or grievance process and are encouraged to inquire about that option.

One World One Water sculpture on a snowy day on Auraria Campus.

Accident & Injury Resources

“I was injured on campus* and I want to know how to file a report and get resources." *If you have experienced a work-related injury, please contact Human Resources.

Report to HR
SW AES Bldg. framed by tree branch

Americans with Disabilities Act Policies & Procedures

“I believe that I have been discriminated against on the basis of disability, or I believe I have been denied access or accommodations required by law."

ADA Complaint Procedures
Aerial of MSU Denver campus

Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC) Complaint Procedure

“I want to report a concern or issue related to a campus facility or campus policy."

Contact AHEC
MSU Denver Admin Bldg.

Auraria Police Department Complaint Procedure

“I want to report a concern or issue with the campus police department."

ACPD Complaints
image of Jordan Student Success Building

Equal Opportunity Grievance Procedure

“I believe I have been discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions or disability."

Office of Equal Opportunity
A fall afternoon on Auraria Campus.

Financial Aid SAP Appeal Policy and Procedure

“I do not meet the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress policy due to extenuating circumstances such as medical problems, a death in the immediate family, and/or extreme personal problems."

Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
Student filling in bubbles on a multiple choice test.

Grade Appeal Policy and Procedure

“I feel that my grade does not reflect the quality of my work."

Grade Appeal Policy
Tivoli at night

Student Complaint Policy and Procedure

“I have a concern or situation that is not covered by any of the above policies."

Student Complaints Policy
Students walking down pathway on Auraria Campus

Student Conduct Appeal Policy and Procedure

“I have been through the conduct process and want to appeal the decision."

Conduct Appeal Form
Return from Remote

Title IX Policies & Procedures

“I am the victim of sexual misconduct including sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking or other forms of interpersonal violence."

Title IX Policies & Procedures
MSU Denver Admin Bldg.

Tuition & Fee Appeal Policy and Procedure

“I have experienced extenuating circumstances such as severe medical illness, an employment situation beyond my control, or the death of an immediate family member resulting in the loss of tuition and fees."

Office of the Bursar

Additional Details & Contact Information

External Resources

If you feel that your concern has not been addressed by existing University policies and procedures, you may wish to contact an external resource for more information. Options include but are not limited to:

Colorado Department of Higher Education

U. S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights