Update: Cross-Functional Taskforce on Faculty Workload
In the past week we have had opportunities to receive excellent and insightful feedback and input from a wide range of stakeholders across campus. At each meeting, we took extensive notes and have been incorporating the feedback into the presentation we will give to the Board of Trustees on June 2, 2023. Namely:
- Thursday, May 18: we briefed President Davidson on the progress of the Cross-Functional Taskforce.
- Monday, May 22: we shared a storyboard version of the upcoming Board of Trustees presentation with the Cross-Functional Taskforce Steering Committee.
- Tuesday, May 23: we shared an updated storyboard version of the Board of Trustees presentation with the Cross-Functional Taskforce Steering Committee and Working Team Co-Leaders.
- Wednesday, May 24: we presented the updated storyboard version of the Board of Trustees presentation with the senior leadership team at the run-through of the upcoming Board of Trustees Meetings.
- Thursday, May 25: we held a virtual faculty forum to provide updates on the progress of the taskforce and answer questions from attendees.
The overarching goal of these five touchpoints was to adhere to our commitment to transparency, communication, and collaboration. We appreciate the perspectives shared by all involved, as the insight provided has already helped to dramatically improve what we will present next week.
In the week ahead, we will continue to finalize our presentation, which we will present at the Full Board Meeting on June 2, 2023. As always, the Board of Trustees meetings are livestreamed, and recordings are subsequently housed on the website.
Also please note that the AY 2022-23 Faculty Leadership Team (Dr. Liz Goodnick, Dr. Buffy Ribble, Dr. Sheila Rucki, and Dr. Meredith Jeffers) will be sending a memo to all faculty on Wednesday, May 31, 2023. It will include additional details about the work completed by the Taskforce, the upcoming presentation at the Board of Trustees, and anticipated next steps for faculty.
Following the June 2, 2023 Full Board Meeting, we as Co-Chairs will be sending a final update from this stage of the Taskforce, detailing next steps, including the path forward on the recommendations made by the Taskforce.
We wish you all a relaxing long weekend!
Marie & Meredith (aka “M&M”)