African American Affairs Council
Welcome to the African American Affairs Council Website.
The mission of this organization is to support the community of African and African-American members of Metropolitan State University of Denver through cultural, educational, and social events and exchanges; to include but not be limited to, the avocation of the following goals:
- Cooperation, communication, support and information exchange for African-American administrators, faculty, and classified personnel;
- Development of appropriate strategies to assist, encourages, and supports the implementation of the urban mission of Metropolitan State University of Denver;
- Maintenance of a registry of members available to serve as advocates and resource individuals for developing, planning, and evaluating initiatives, policies and procedures pertinent to African-Americans;
- Involvement and representation of African-Americans in the policy and decision-making process throughout the college;
- Articulation through forums through which African-Americans at Metropolitan State University of Denver may voice their unique concerns and issues collectively; and
- Appropriate professional/academic placement of African-American classified personnel, administrators, and faculty in accordance with their qualifications.