Curriculum and Policy Development
Academic Affairs Curriculum
The Office of Curriculum and Policy Development provides assistance, support, oversight and leadership on behalf of the Provost, President, Board of Trustees, and Colorado Department of Higher Education in the areas of curriculum and academic policy development and implementation. This office works with college and school deans, faculty, staff, university administrators, academic committees and external entities to develop, improve, and maintain high-quality curriculum and academic policies and programs for MSU Denver, to help ensure faculty and student success .
Are you registered for the Curriculum Mailing List?
This mailing list is used to distribute information on curriculum deadlines, catalog and addendum publishing dates, and other relevant curriculum information.
Sign-up now and don’t miss any of the updates!
The Curriculum and Policy Development Office creates a catalog addendum every summer. This addendum includes policy updates, staff/faculty updates, and curriculum updates that occurr after the regular curriculum review and catalog building deadlines. All items included in the catalog addendum cannot negatively affect a student in any way. For additional information about what can and cannot be included in the addendum please review the Summer 2020 Addendum Deadlines and Parameters document, available above.
Below are the relevant dates for the 2020 catalog addendum.
- All proposals in Curriculog received by the Curriculum Committees: Friday, March 6, 2020
- All curriculum modifications to be received by the Academic Affairs Office: Friday, May 15, 2020
- Note that all levels of approval prior to Academic Affairs should be completed and the proposal should be on Erica Buckland’s or Shaun Schafer’s step by this date.
- All non-curricular modifications to be received by Academic Affairs: Friday, May 15, 2020
- Note that academic policy changes must be approved by the Academic Policy Committee and read at Faculty Senate prior to inclusion in the addendum.
- All proposals from Academic Affairs to the Registrar’s Office: Friday, June 12, 2020
- Addendum Building and Banner Catalog Updates: May 18, 2020 – June 26, 2020
- Catalog Addendum Updates Review Window: June 29, 2020 – July 8, 2020
- Catalog Addendum Published: Friday, July 10, 2020