Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
As an organization within the MSU Denver Department of Art, CVA represents a diverse community of individuals who study, teach, create, and advocate for art and design. As we expand our understanding of our commonalities and differences, we remain committed to:
- Respecting the dignity and essential worth of all individuals,
- Fostering mutual respect, including respecting the privacy, property, and agency of others,
- Examining and challenging our own biases and beliefs,
- Promoting the diversity of opinions, ideas, and backgrounds which enriches the culture of the department, college, and the university,
- Standing against bigotry, discrimination, violence, or intimidation,
- Working towards inclusive and equitable exhibitions and programming that foster an environment of respectful dialogue,
- Appreciating diversity and inclusion as a collaborative work-in-progress.
We Support the Safer Spaces & Sanctuary Resolutions
CVA supports the Safer Spaces Resolution for Black, Brown, and Indigenous People of Color (BIPOC) Impacted by State and Police Violence and the Sanctuary Resolution for Immigrants and Members of Vulnerable Communities Directly Impacted by Anti-Immigration . The details of these resolutions may be found on the GITA website.
CVA and the Department of Art believe that this statement promotes our collective vision of creating a more just and inclusive society for our students, staff, and faculty.
We, the Center for Visual Art, wholeheartedly and unequivocally re-affirm our support of the Safer Spaces and Sanctuary Resolutions, and our commitment to the Department of Art’s DEI Statement. We believe that the urgency of racial justice demands our unwavering support on this matter.