Information Technology Services
Web Time Entry for Supervisors and Proxies
The Web Time Entry approval process has two steps:
- Log into Web Time Entry.
- Approve or acknowledge time.
Each of the steps is described in detail below. Simply click on the headings below to expand the explanation of each step.
1. Open a web browser and go to the Faculty & Staff Hub webpage at http://www.msudenver.edu/facstaff/.
2. Click the Employee Services Menu link under the “Employee Systems, Services & Reporting” heading.
3. Log in using your MSU Denver NetID (username) and NetID password.
4. You should see the Banner “Employee” menu. Click the Time Sheet link.
1. On the “Time Sheet or Leave Request Selection” screen, verify that the Approve or Acknowledge Time option is selected and click the Select button.
2. The “Approver Selection” screen has two options:
- a. Department and Description My Choice Pay Period is a drop down box with a list of pay periods. Select the accurate pay period for approval.
- b. Sort order allows you to “Sort employees’ records by Status then by Name” or “Sort employees’ records by Name.” Select the button for the option you want.
- c. After the selections have been made, click the Select button.
3. The next screen displays the time sheets to be approved. Under the “Required Action” section the status of the employee will be “Approve” if the time sheet has been approved. To approve an employee’s time sheet, click the employee’s name link.
4. The Employee’s time sheet provides a summary of total hours. Select the appropriate buttons for the action you want to take:
Approve - If the time sheet is correct, the Approve button sends it to HR for processing.
Change Record - Use to make changes to the employee’s time sheet.
Delete - Used to delete the time sheet entry of the employee.
Add Comment - Use to place a comment in the time sheet that can be viewed by the employee.
5. After the Approve button is selected, the “Department Summary” screen will display. The “Required Action” section should now be blank.
If you have additional questions, concerns, or need immediate assistance - Please contact the MSU Denver Helpdesk.