Spring 2015 Clinic Schedule - all sessions are interactive, last one hour, and take place in King Center 421. No reservations needed - just show up.
- Thursday, February 19 @ 12:30 p.m. - Creating a Writing Process That Doesn’t Suck - Tamara Tabb
- Tuesday, February 24 @ 11:00 a.m. - Thesis Statement Workshop - Shawn Vigil
- Week of March 9 – date and time TBA - Flow - Claire Ziller
- Tuesday, March 31 @ 2 p.m. - MLA Workshop - Rachel Hawley
- Week of April 13 – date and time TBA - Developing a Paragraph - Shawn Vigil and Apolonia Sepeda
- Wednesday, April 29 @ 12:30 p.m. - Comma Comma Comma Comma Comma Chameleon - Melissa Root
Smarthinking: Every MSU Denver student can use Smarthinking's online writing tutoring. Smarthinking can be accessed through ConnectU.
"To Master Test Material, Give Your Brain a Break": This recording of an episode of the NPR show Science Friday discusses study skills and strategies to help you learn better. (Think of the adage "work smarter, not harder.")
No One Writes Alone: Peer Review in the Classroom, A Guide for Students : a close-captioned video made by students at MIT
General Writing Resources
"No One Writes Alone" - a video made at MIT about peer review
Resources for Students Learning English
ELL resources (58 KB)
Help with Writing with Sources
The Auraria Library has created course pages with helpful resources on researching in different disciplines. A list of those pages is here.
Need to talk to a librarian?
Help with Writing in the Disciplines
Help with Being a Better Learner
Know your learning style. This quiz will help you determine how you learn best.
Help with Citing Sources
AMA Citation Format Guidelines Citation AMA style guide (PDF 64 KB)
Note: When using research materials through Academic Search Premier, you can retrieve citations in various formats by going to the “cite” tool.
Help with Formatting in Microsoft Word
These YouTube video tutorials offer help on some of the more common formatting issues you might need help with: