Learn about the Writing Center by viewing our orientation video.
Learn how to make an appointment by viewing our video with step-by-step instructions for making an appointment online.
Spring 2016 Clinic Schedule - all sessions are interactive, last one hour, and take place in King Center 421. Reserve a seat by clicking on the link beside the session name.
- Clinic #4: Comma, Comma, Comma, Comma, Comma Chameleon with Melissa - February 9 @ 3:00. Reserve a seat here: http://bit.ly/1ODTwhb
- Clinic #5: Classy In-Class Writing with Lucas - March 9 @ 2:30. Reserve a seat here: http://bit.ly/1S2cbYr
- Clinic #6: Fabulous Topic TBD with Erienne and Sean - April 21 @ 11. Reserve a seat here: http://bit.ly/20cdk2g
BrainFuse: Every MSU Denver student can use BrainFuse's online writing tutoring. BrainFuse can be accessed through the Student Hub.
"To Master Test Material, Give Your Brain a Break": This recording of an episode of the NPR show Science Friday discusses study skills and strategies to help you learn better. (Think of the adage "work smarter, not harder.")
No One Writes Alone: Peer Review in the Classroom, A Guide for Students : a close-captioned video made by students at MIT
General Writing Resources
"No One Writes Alone" - a video made at MIT about peer review
Resources for Students Learning English
ELL resources (58 KB)
Help with Writing with Sources
The Auraria Library has created course pages with helpful resources on researching in different disciplines. A list of those pages is here.
Need to talk to a librarian?
Help with Writing in the Disciplines
Help with Being a Better Learner
Know your learning style. This quiz will help you determine how you learn best.
Help with Citing Sources
AMA Citation Format Guidelines Citation AMA style guide
Note: When using research materials through Academic Search Premier, you can retrieve citations in various formats by going to the “cite” tool.
Help with Formatting in Microsoft Word
These YouTube video tutorials offer help on some of the more common formatting issues you might need help with:
- Word 2010 Tutorial | Paragraph Formatting | Full Course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nRkNK8I-Dc
- Word 2010 Tutorial | Headers & Footers | Full Course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2ApMHkADxs
- Word 2010 Tutorials | Footnotes and Endnotes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0tpx3_NnnY