Wordpress on Sites
Sites Wordpress Plugins and Themes
The "Sites" Wordpress system is running the wordpress multi-site configuration and hosts various wordpress instances. We have limited support to install plugins and themes, however if you would like to request a plugin or theme, they must meet the following requirements below:
- Plugin or Theme must meet ADA compliance. Themes must be listed on wordpress.org under the category "accessibility-ready". Theme accessibility can be reviewed by visiting https://wordpress.org/themes/ and click on the Feature Filter button and check the box for "Accessibility Ready", and click "Apply Filter" to see a list of accessibility-ready plugins that have been reviewed by WordPress. Plugins would require the developer to provide us a VPAT statement of ADA compliance with their plugin.
- Plugin or Theme must be Wordpress Multi-Site compatible. Please refer to the specific plugin or themes website on wordpress.org for more information to determine if it meets multi-site compatibility.
- Plugin or Theme must be made available free of charge
- Requests for plugin or theme musthave a plugin URL from wordpress.org. Below are the search sites for locating the plugin's wordpress.org page:
- Plugin or Theme should have a minimum of 30,000 installations. The number of installations indicates the quality of the plugin/theme as well as the level of ongoing support of the developer is providing for keeping the plugin/theme updated for future releases of WordPress.
- Plugin or Theme should have been updated in the last calendar year. Requests for a plugin or theme that have not been updated in the last year can be considered, however may not be compatible as they may not support the current version of wordpress we are running.
All Requests for plugin's or themes go through a review process to determine compatibility and a security assessment by our ITS Security team to ensure the plugin's currently do not pose a threat to the wordpress environment.
Requests for plugin's should be made in advance as this process can take 4-6 weeks to evaluate, test, and install plugins into the production wordpress system.
If you would like to propose a potential wordpress plugin or theme for consideration, please complete a ITS Helpdesk request form at http://www.msudenver.edu/gethelp with the following information (the more information provided in the initial request will help expedite the process):
- Name, Department, contact phone and email
- Name of wordpress plugin or theme
- wordpress.org URL of the plugin or theme
If you have any questions, please submit a ITS Helpdesk request form at http://www.msudenver.edu/gethelp with as much information as possible and a member of the Wordpress support team will respond to your request.
Sites Wordpress System Themes and Plugins installed (as of 04/26/2019)
- Active Directory Authentication (provides capabiity to login to wordpress sites using MSU Denver NetID and Password)
- Collapse-O-Matic ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/jquery-collapse-o-matic/ )
- Column Shortcodes ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/column-shortcodes/ )
- Display Posts Short-code (https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-posts-shortcode/)
- Dropdown Menu Widget ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/dropdown-menu-widget/ )
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-analytics-dashboard-for-wp/)
- Enlighter - Customizable Syntax Highlighter ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/enlighter/ )
- Iframe (https://wordpress.org/plugins/iframe/)
- Insert HTML Snippet ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-html-snippet/ )
- Ninja Forms (https://wordpress.org/plugins/ninja-forms/)
- Private content ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/private-content/ )
- Quotes Collection ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/quotes-collection/ )
- Shortcodes Ultimate ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcodes-ultimate/)
- SoundCloud is Gold ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/soundcloud-is-gold/ )
- TinyMCE Advanced ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/tinymce-advanced/ )
- Widget Logic ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-logic/ )
- WP Posts Master ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-posts-master/ )
Themes (Accessibiltiy Ready Themes as defined by Wordpress.org)
- Catch Box ( https://wordpress.org/themes/catch-box/ )
- Twenty Thirteen (https://wordpress.org/themes/twentythirteen/)
- Twenty Fourteen (https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyfourteen/)
- Twenty Fifteen (https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyfifteen/)
- Twenty Sixteen (https://wordpress.org/themes/twentysixteen/)
- Twenty Seventeen (https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyseventeen/ )
- Twenty Nineteen (https://wordpress.org/themes/twentynineteen/)