Western Educational Equity Assistance Center
Exploring the Foundations of Bias and the work we must do to change it.
General Course Overview The origins and perceptions around explicit and implicit bias will be explored and interrupted in this online training module. Participants will be given permission to step into bias states as we commit to changing bias across multiple systems and individual behavior. Anti-bias tools, reflection, and assessment will support participants in identifying and changing negative
This course will discuss the following topics:
- Module 1: Introduction to Bias
- Module 2: Naming Our Biases
- Module 3: Hidden Biases
- Module 4: The Brain on Bias
- Module 5: Stepping into Bias
To receive the completion certificate when finished with this course please visit Page 4 in Module 5 and follow the instructions.
Professional Development Units
The suggested amount of Professional Development Units for this course is 5 contact hours. MSU Denver will issue a certificate of completion and it is at the discretion of state licensing agencies, school districts, or local educational agency to recognize completion for professional development credits.
Google Classroom Access
1) Make sure you have a google account as you will need to sign in. You can create one at no cost using any email address.
2) Go to Google Classroom at the following link and sign into your google account: https://classroom.google.com
3) Once you are signed in click on the + sign at the top right hand of the page. On the dropdown menu click on Join Class.
4) A pop-up screen will ask for the class code. Use the following code to access the course: 2mz6sau