Western Educational Equity Assistance Center
WEEAC Virtual College
The WEEAC Virtual College is an online learning format designed for educators to participate in workshops that increase awareness in equity related topics. These courses will be self-paced and free of charge to anyone that participates. The content aligns with the mission of the Equity Assistance Center grant funded by the United States Department of Education.
The Metropolitan State University of Denver Innovative and Lifelong Learning department will issue an electronic certificate of completion when course requirements are fulfilled. Certificates will be issued on a monthly basis. A list will be generated on the 15th of each month and will be sent shortly after to the email address listed in the completion survey. Please visit the FAQ page for more details.
Current Courses Offered
The WEEAC Virtual College Courses are now available through Google Classroom. The course content will display in pdf documents for each module which will have live links to course content, videos, and resource materials. Course completion documents are available in the final module.
1) Make sure you have a google account as you will need to sign in. You can create one at no cost using any email address.
2) Go to Google Classroom at the following link and sign into your google account: https://classroom.google.com
3) Once you are signed in click on the + sign at the top right hand of the page. On the dropdown menu click on Join Class.
4) A pop-up screen will ask for the class code. Use the codes below to access course you would like to join.
Equity in K-12 Education Code: 3eskuig
Who has Bias? We all do! Code: ytpu2y
Successful Practices for Working With Native American Students Code: bizrjsh
Supporting Students Gender Identity and Expression Code: qqkhnq4
Course Title: Trauma responsive practices in the classroom
Instructor: Dr. Da'Mond Holt
In Development for Fall 2020
New Title IX Regulations - Dr. Jan Perry Evenstad
Equity in High School Athletics - Mike Marquez
The WEEAC Virtual College utilizes Blackboard Coursesites to house the online courses. If you are unfamiliar with this platform here are some basic instructions to guide you through the process. Once you create an online account, you can add courses without starting the process over. At the bottom of this section is a link to the FAQ page for Blackboard.
Information needed to register
About You-All fields are required
Confirm Email Address
Create an Account
Username (lowercase and numbers only)
Navigating the Course
Once you have created a Blackboard Coursesites account you can begin participation in available WEEAC Virtual College Courses.
1) Once you are logged in, you will be able to access the course by clicking on the Courses button on the left hand side navigation panel.
2) From the Courses page, you will see the WEEAC Virtual College Course and simply click on the course title.
3) Once you are in the course, you will see the Dashboard. This feature will not be used for the courses and will not have much information. Go to the left side panel and click Start Here to begin the course.
4) In order to obtain the certificate of completion you will need to complete the following steps at the beginning and conclusion of the course.
-Complete Post Assessment in the final module.
-Complete the Required survey on Page 3 of the last module. This includes the information needed to issue completion certificate.
-Complete Optional Survey on Page 3 of the last module.