Veteran and Military Student Services
Resources Beyond Campus
Many local and national organizations exist to serve and support veterans in many areas.
Please note: MSU Denver provides these links as a convenience to students, but does not specifically endorse these organizations or services.
- American Addiction Centers. Guide for addicted veterans and their families. Click to view resource guide
- Center of Hope. For Men and Women, Faith-based, Cost free, Drug and alcohol addiction. P: 303-935-7746 Address: 5303 W Kentucky Ave, Lakewood, CO 80226.
- Christian Recovery Home. For men and women,Faith based drug and alcohol addiction, Recovery home with fee. P: 303-937-7460 Address: 3502 W Walsh Place, Denver, CO 80219.
- Denver Health. For men and women, Non-medical, clinically managed services, 1.5-3 month residential stay with fee. P: 303-436-3500 Address: 1155 Cherokee St, Denver, CO 80204
- Denver Rescue Mission: Champa House- New Life Program for Women. For single mothers at least 18 y/o with kids under 12 , 1-2 years with room and board included. 2544 Champa St, Denver CO 80205.
- Denver Rescue Mission: The Crossing- New Life Program for Men. For Men at least 18 y/o , 1-2 years with room and board included. P:303-953-7746 Address: 6090 Smith Road,Denver CO 80216
- Sobriety House Inc: Sobriety House. Fee based, 12 step residential or outpatient. P: 303-722-5746 Housing info: 720-381-4337 Address: 107 Acoma St, Denver, CO 80223
- Sobriety House: Phoenix Concept. Male only sober living, Rooms for rent. P: 303-293-3620 Housing Info: 303-293-3620 Address: 2162 Lawrence St, Denver CO 80205
- Sobriety House: Stepping Stone. Women only, Fee-based, 12 step treatment and housing, Group therapy and daily meetings required. P: 303-333-5407 Housing Info: 720-381-4337 Address: 1368 Elizabeth St, Denver CO 80206
- Step 13. For men at least 21, Transitional housing and recovery program, Access to employment assistance, 12 step meetings, alcohol & drug tests required. P: 303-295-7837 Address: 2029 Larimer St, Denver, CO 80205
- Sunshine Behavioral Health - https://sunshinebehavioralhealth.com/veterans/
Money Geek: Student Financial Aid Guide for Veterans
Scholarships and grants
Paying for Graduate School
Crosswalk your MOS, Ratings or AFSC to civilian careers. Translate to civilian duties and build your resume.
Federal employment job portal
Job postings for veterans and related job seeker resources
A Veteran's Guide to Job Hunting in a Civilian's World
Denver VA Medical Center
Comprehensive health care for eligible veterans
OEF/OIF Health Care
For returning service members
A variety of confidential mental health services for eligible veterans
American Addictions Centers
Guide for addicted veterans and their families
|Resources for Asbestos Exposure|
|Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Mesothelioma Veterans Center|
|Abestos.com Veteran Resources|
Legal assistance for military members, veterans, and their families
Legal assistance for low-income Coloradans
NVLSP's Lawyers Serving Warriors® program offers pro bono (that is, free) legal help with disability issues to veterans from all eras.