Undergraduate Research & Creative Scholarship Program
Outstanding Mentor for Undergraduate Research Award
The Undergraduate Research & Creative Scholarship Program (URP) is accepting nominations for the Outstanding Mentor for Undergraduate Research Award. The award is part of the 2021 Golich Awards, and is open to MSU Denver faculty members or staff who have positively influenced undergraduate research through their own research and scholarly or creative projects with undergraduates, whether inside or outside of the classroom.
Who Is Eligible?
MSU Denver faculty or staff who have made an impact on undergraduate students through their mentorship on research, scholarly, or creative projects or through their work to expand the role of undergraduate research at MSU Denver, especially such as those listed in the selection criteria below.
The award will be given at the Roadrunners Who Soar Recognition Event in May, 2021.
- Inspiring others and facilitating their involvement in UR mentorship;
- Working to include UR as an important component of his/her department goals (e.g. advocating to include mentoring undergraduate research in departmental guidelines, developing departmental awards/grants to recognize outstanding UR work, organizing department-sponsored UR activities);
- Mentoring undergraduate students in projects as part of course-based undergraduate research experiences;
- Mentoring undergraduates whose work leads to peer reviewed publications, conference presentations, and/or juried performances/exhibits appropriate to the discipline;
- Securing support for their UR work and for their students;
- Demonstrating a strong track record of scholarly and/or creative projects involving undergraduates;
- Producing publications and presentations about undergraduate research/creative activities.
- Cover letter that describes how the nominee has demonstrated outstanding mentorship in undergraduate research activities (2 page maximum), especially related to the selection criteria above.
- Faculty, staff, and students are welcome to make nominations. Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Nominations should be sent to Kristy L Duran at UndergradResearch@msudenver.edu
- Nominations must be received no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, March 19.