Undergraduate Research & Creative Scholarship Program
A New Round of Proposals will begin in Fall, 2012.?
The Undergraduate Research Program is offering grants to support student research, scholarly work and creative projects. ??
The purpose of the grant is to foster student-initiated faculty-supervised research, scholarly activity or original contribution to the discipline.
Faculty and students are eligible and encouraged to apply for URG awards?.
Student awards may be used for the purchase of equipment and supplies, to pay student hourly wages, and for travel to support student presentations at a regional or national professional conference.
Faculty awards may be used for travel to support student presentations at a regional or national professional conference.?
?The amount of the grants is not limited and it is anticipated that average award will be between $500 and $750. Grants will be awarded after review of the application for:
- The feasibility of successful completion of the research project in the time allotted..
- The opportunity for the student researcher to learn appropriate research techniques and methodology from the project.
- The justification for budgeted expenses
- The contribution the research makes to the field.
- The probability of the research resulting in a significant publication, exhibit, or performance.
For a description of what content your Grant Proposal should include, including directions on how to apply for grants, see the
Grant Application Forms:
E-mail completed Student Grant Applications to the Undergraduate Research Program?
Student Activities offers a grant program to support student travel to conferences. Find out more at their site: http://www.mscd.edu/studentactivities/travel/?