Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium
TLTS 2013 Home
Symposium for Teaching and Learning with Technology
When: October 25, 2013, 9:00am-3:00pm
Where: Student Success Building
The Symposium for Teaching and Learning with Technology co-sponsored by MSU Denver and the eLearning Consortium of Colorado was a one-day event to showcase ways that technology can be used to enhance teaching, learning, and/or research. The intent is give faculty the opportunity to share and learn from each other how they are using technology in unique ways, to network with colleagues, and to generate innovative, value-added applications of technology devices, services, or systems.
Who presents at the Symposium?
The Symposium is designed for faculty presenters, however staff and students are encouraged to participate in presentations as well. On a limited basis, vendor representatives may present demonstrations of their products and services. Our Keynote Speaker for this event will be Dr. Bridget Arend who will talk about the importance of using technology to enhance established principles of learning.
Who should attend?
The Symposium is targeted to MSU Denver and eLCC faculty and staff. Attending the Symposium will be of value if you:
- Use technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Wish to learn more about educational technology and its potential uses in your courses.
- Wish to discuss with your peers uses of technologies for teaching and accompanying issues.
- Contribute to the design of face-to-face, online, or hybrid courses.
- Are interested in the impact that the creation and consumption of multimedia has on learning.
Benefits of attending
- Authors of accepted proposals will receive a certificate of acceptance/presentation for documentation purposes.
- The event will be educational and fun!
Symposium details will continue to be released as the date approaches. In the interim, questions can be directed to:
- Jane Chapman-Vigil, Director, Center for Faculty Development, MSU Denver
- Kathy Keairns, eLCC Co-Chair, University of Denver
- James Lyall, Chief Information Officer, MSU Denver
- Jean Otte, eLCC Co-Chair, Aims Community College
- Ben Zastrocky, Director, Educational Technology Center, MSU Denver