Department of Theatre
Kaiser Permanente/MSU Denver Internship Partnership
KAISER/MSU DENVER PARTNERSHIP/TOURING COMPANY
Since 2008, MSU Denver’s Theatre Department and Kaiser Permanente Arts Integrated Resources division have shared a collaborative, ensemble-based partnership that allows experienced students the opportunity to tour a ‘theatre for social change’ play, earn a stipend and internship credit, as well as enhance their professional resumes.
Since 2008, this partnership has:
- Reached an audience of over 150,000 children and adults at 320 regional and local schools in 32 different Colorado school districts.
The 2018-2019 Tour:
- Presented “Invisible Feelings” 36 times for K-1st grade audiences,
- Presented “When You’re Seeing Stars” 45 times for 2nd–5th grade audiences, and
- Presented 81 shows reaching 15,834 children and adults locally and regionally in the state of Colorado.
The 2020-2021 Tour:
- A new show entitled “The Amazing Food Detective” will cast 4-5 actors.
- It will be present close to 50 shows for 2nd–5th grade audiences throughout the year.
Interest meeting: Feb 2, 2020 4pm WC 266
Auditions March 13, 2020 (times posted on Theatre Callboard)Rehearsals start in Fall 2020 and will continue through Spring 2021.
- Performances and rehearsals are all day Tuesdays and Thursdays (6am to 4pm)
- Those students cast must take their classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Those students cast may still participate in MSU Denver Theatre productions.
- Theatre Majors or Minors qualify for auditions and potential casting.
- Each student receives six (6) credit hours of THE3980 Professional Internship (over two semesters) and a $1750 stipend per semester.
For More information contact Scott Lubinski, Chair of Theatre