Department of Theatre and Dance
Kaiser Permanente/MSU Denver Internship Partnership
Kaiser Permanente Arts Integrated Resources
Metropolitan State University of Denver Theatre Department
Educational Theatre Internship: Fall 2021 / Spring 2022
Theme: “Advancing Racial Equity through the Arts”
Under the guidance of Brian Harper (Sr. Community Health Specialist and Coordinator of the Arts Integrated Resources division of Kaiser Permanente) a new show will be created for the 2020-2021 season. For more information about Kaiser Permanente Arts Integrated Resouces (AIR) program, contact Brian Harper at Harper@kp.org
KAISER PERMANENTE/MSU DENVER PARTNERSHIP & TOURING COMPANY
Since 2008, MSU Denver’s Theatre Department and Kaiser Permanente Arts Integrated Resources (AIR) division have shared a collaborative, ensemble-based partnership that allows experienced students the opportunity to tour a ‘theatre for social change’ play, earn a stipend and internship credits, as well as enhance their professional resumes.
Since 2008, this partnership has:
- Reached audiences over 150,000 children, adults and teachers at 320 regional and local schools in 32 different Colorado school districts.
The 2018-2019 Tour:
- Presented “Invisible Feelings” 36 times for K-1st grade audiences,
- Presented “When You’re Seeing Stars” 45 times for 2nd–5th grade audiences, and
- Presented 81 shows reaching 15,834 children and adults locally and regionally in the state of Colorado.
General Information about the Kaiser Permanente/MSU Denver Tour show:
- REHEARSALS: Rehearsals in early August M-F prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
- PERFORMANCES: Performances are scheduled every Tuesday and Thursday throughout the academic year (fall and spring).
- WHO CAN AUDITION: MSU Denver Theatre Majors or Minors (juniors or seniors) qualify to audition and be considered for casting.
- Each student receives three (3) credit hours of THE3980 Professional Internship each semester and are paid a $1750 stipend each semester.
- NOTE: Internship credits are required for all BFA/ATTD and BFA/MT majors. Internships for BA in Theatre are nor required but fulfill upper-division elective credits.