Department of Theatre and Dance
Kaiser Permanente/MSU Denver Internship Partnership
Kaiser Internships: Stay tuned for more information on the next tour dates and auditions.
Under the guidance of Brian Harper (Sr. Community Health Specialist and Coordinator of the Arts Integrated Resources division of Kaiser Permanente) a new show will be created for the 2020-2021 season. For more information about Kaiser Permanente Arts Integrated Resouces (AIR) program, contact Brian Harper at Harper@kp.org
KAISER PERMANENTE/MSU DENVER PARTNERSHIP & TOURING COMPANY
Since 2008, MSU Denver’s Theatre Department and Kaiser Permanente Arts Integrated Resources (AIR) division have shared a collaborative, ensemble-based partnership that allows experienced students the opportunity to tour a ‘theatre for social change’ play, earn a stipend and internship credits, as well as enhance their professional resumes.
Since 2008, this partnership has:
- Reached audiences over 150,000 children, adults and teachers at 320 regional and local schools in 32 different Colorado school districts.
The 2018-2019 Tour:
- Presented “Invisible Feelings” 36 times for K-1st grade audiences,
- Presented “When You’re Seeing Stars” 45 times for 2nd–5th grade audiences, and
- Presented 81 shows reaching 15,834 children and adults locally and regionally in the state of Colorado.
General Information about the Kaiser Permanente/MSU Denver Tour show:
- REHEARSALS: Rehearsals in early August M-F prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
- PERFORMANCES: Performances are scheduled every Tuesday and Thursday throughout the academic year (fall and spring).
- WHO CAN AUDITION: MSU Denver Theatre Majors or Minors (juniors or seniors) qualify to audition and be considered for casting.
- Each student receives three (3) credit hours of THE3980 Professional Internship each semester and are paid a $1750 stipend each semester.
- NOTE: Internship credits are required for all BFA/ATTD and BFA/MT majors. Internships for BA in Theatre are nor required but fulfill upper-division elective credits.