CYBM Graduate Placement Exam
UPDATE during campus closure:
Tthe CYBM exam is available online via the ProctorU virtual proctoring service. Access to the service requires a high-speed internet connection and a webcam. There is a $25.00 student fee, payable to ProctorU.
To request access to the the CYBM exam using the virtual proctoring service please:
- Include your MSU Denver student ID number.
- Include full name and contact information.
- Specify which exam you want to take - the CJC section, CIS section, or both sections.
When and Where to take the CYBM Graduate Placement Test:
The MSU Denver Testing Services office offers the CYBM Graduate Placement Test on a walk-in basis, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. There is no charge to take this exam.
The CYBM Graduate Placement test is administered in two sections, the test time limit is one hour per section. Students must complete both sections in one exam session. For score results please consult with your CYBM Graduate Program admissions representative.
Some students may only need to take one part of the CYBM exam. Please check with your advisor to see if you are exempt from either the Computer Fundamentals or Criminal Justice exam sections.
Remote proctoring for the CYBM exam is availalbe through the ProctorU virtual proctoring service. There is a fee of 25.00 for the virtual proctoring service. Please contact Testing Services to make advance arrangements for virtual proctoring of the CYBM exam.
Students may attempt the CYBM Graduate Placement Test two times. For interpretation of score results please see your CYBM adivsor.
What to bring with you to the CYBM Graduate Placement Test:
1) You must present a valid photo ID, such as a Driver's License or Student ID, at the time you take the test.
2) Bring your MSU Denver student ID#. Students that do not yet have an ID# may use a personal telephone number instead.
For study guide materials please feel free to use the following text books:
- Criminal Justice: A Brief Introduction (12th Edition) by Schmalleger
- Computing Essentials 2019 (12th Edition) by O'Leary
For further study materials download the following:
Criminal Justice Study Guide - Computer Information Systems Prep Part 1
Please note the above study guides are to help refresh your memory from previous learned materials and/or completed classes. The above guidelines are by no means comprehensive and provide only limited information for the tests.