Office of Testing Services
CIS 2010 Placement Test
UPDATE during campus closure:
- Include your MSU Denver student ID number.
- Specify which exam you need to take (CIS2010 Placement Test)
- Include full name and contact information.
The Office of Testing Services administers the CIS 2010 Screening Test in Tivoli 347, (303-615-1700). Students must present a valid photo ID at the time of the test. No appointment is necessary to take the exam during regular business hours, Monday through Friday between 9am and 3pm. Please contact the Office of Testing Services for evening or weekend exam availability.
For study and preparation materials as well as general information on the CIS2010 Placement Test please see the CIS website at this link.
General Testing Information:
- Part A of the exam has 50 computer concepts questions worth one point each. All 50 questions must be answered within 60 minutes.
- Part B of the exam has 50 Access and Excel questions worth one point each. All 50 questions must be answered within 60 minutes.
- Scores are available within two business days of taking the test. The scores are arrived at by combining the points earned from both Parts A and B of the exam.
- Students scoring 75% or higher will be able to register for CIS2010.
- Students scoring below 75% may register for CIS/CSS 1010.
- Students may take the test twice in a five year period. Students may not test twice on the same day.