MSU Denver’s Office of Testing Services offers the Elsevier HESI A2 Nursing Admissions exam only for MSU Denver Nursing applicants. MSU Denver requires students to complete the Elsevier HESI A2 exam as part of the Nursing program application process. MSU Denver applicants need only complete the Mathematics, Reading Comprehension, and Anatomy & Physiology sub-sections of the HESI A2 Admissions exam.
HESI Test Attempts (twice per application cycle):
MSU Denver Nursing applicants may test on HESI exams two times per application cycle. Students must schedule re-tests at least one week in advance. When scheduling a retest students must specify they seek a HESI re-test.
Setting a HESI exam appointment with MSU Denver Testing Services:
HESI testing for the Summer 2023 application cycle is available through August 31, 2023.
- Appointments for place-based testing in Tivoli Room 347 are currently open
- Students may schedule appointments here: SET A HESI APPOINTMENT.
Students must create an Evolve account prior to reporting for their HESI appointment at the Testing Services office. Note that MSU Denver students do not purchase an exam directly from Evolve; students will pay the $80.00 HESI exam fee at the time of the exam. See this link to create your Evolve account: Create an Evolve account.
What to expect when reporting for a HESI exam at Testing Services:
- Students must present a valid photo ID such as a driver’s license, military ID or passport (a physical ID, not a photo of an ID)
- Exam timing is set at a total of two hours and thirty minutes, but expect a total of around two hours forty-five minutes including exam check-in and set-up.
- Students must bring their Evolve username and password (confirm your HESI account set up prior to reporting for your exam appointment). Note that your Evolve username is not the same as the email address associated with your account; see the “Account/Account Settings” link on the HESI login page to locate your user name.
- An exam fee of $80.00 is payable at the time of the test (cash or credit card).
- MSU Denver applicants will complete the HESI A2 Reading, Math and Anatomy & Physiology exam sections (2.5 hours TOTAL time).
- Students will receive a score report upon completion of the exam and can also access a PDF of their score report through their Evolve account. It is each student’s responsibility to upload their HESI score to their Nursing application.
- If testing at another location, MSU Denver’s HESI reporting ID number is: 200867