Information Technology Services
Web Time Entry for Hourly and Student Employees
The Web Time Entry process has several steps:
- Log into Web Time Entry.
- Select the correct pay period.
- Input your time in and time out.
- Preview your entry to verify correctness.
- Submit your Time Sheet for approval.
Each of the steps is described in detail below. Other optional steps that you may want to do, such as adding comments to your time sheet, are also included. Simply click on the headings below to expand the explanation of each step.
1. Open a web browser and go to the Faculty & Staff Hub webpage at http://www.msudenver.edu/facstaff/.
2. Click the Employee Services Menu link under the “Employee Systems, Services & Reporting” heading.
3. Log into the Banner system using your MSU Denver NetID (username) and NetID password.
4. You should see the Banner "Employee" menu. Click the Time Sheet link.
1. On the “Time Sheet Selection” screen, verify that your Title and Department are correct.
2. Verify that the My Choice Pay Period and Status dropdown menu has been selected for the correct “In Progress” time period.
3. Click the Time Sheet button.
Please note: Web Time Entry can be done on either a daily basis or can be done all at once. When selecting the My Choice Pay Period and Status, there will be several options. Each is described in the section below.
|My Choice Pay Period and Status
If the drop down menu says “In Progress” that time sheet is currently being entered by the student/work study/hourly employee.
If the drop down menu says “Completed,” the time sheet has been completed and paid to the student/work study/hourly employee.
If the drop down menu says “Approved,” the time sheet has been submitted by the student/work study/hourly employee and has been approved by the manager/supervisor.
1. In the “Time and Leaving Reporting” section, click on the Enter Hours link for the day you would like to edit.
2. In the “Time In and Out” section input the hours worked for that day. Note: All times must be entered with the minutes included, for example 7:00 not 7.
3. After entering the Time In and Time Out for the day, click the Save button.
4. The system will calculate your total hours and present them in the “Account Distribution” section.
The Time Sheet button will go back to the “Time and Leave Reporting” page.
The Previous Day button will take you to the previous day.
The Next Day button will take you to the next day.
The Add New Line button is to add an additional line in the “Time In and Out” section.
The Save button will save all the entries made in the “Time In and Out” section.
The Delete button will delete all changes made in the “Time In and Out” section for that day.
1. To copy the data from one day to another click the Copy button.
2. Click the checkmark box under the days that you want to copy the data to. Note: Do not click on the same date you are copying from because your hours will be deleted from that day.
3. If the Time In and Out is the same for all days check the box “Copy from date displayed to end of the pay period.”
1. To review your time sheet after completion, press the Preview button to go to the “Summary of reported time” screen, which will provide a summary of the time sheet and the entries for each day.
2. If the hours on your time sheet need to be reset due to and error, click the Restart button. The Restart button will delete all changes made to the time sheet and a restart confirmation will be required.
3. Click the Submit button to completely delete your time sheet and start over.
The Comments button will take you to the “Comments” screen. The Enter or Edit Comment section provides a place to add comments to your time sheet that can be viewed by your supervisor.
After all time sheet entries are completed and correct, click the Submit for Approval button. You will need to contact your supervisor if any changes are required after your time sheet has been submitted for approval.
If you have additional questions, concerns, or need immediate assistance - Please contact the MSU Denver Helpdesk.