Information Technology Services
MSU Denver students have access to use specific software packages for free in the online Virtual Lab Environment. The Virtual Lab can be accessed using a computer that is physically connected to MSU Denver's network or via devices connected to the 'MSUDenver' secure wireless network.
Please note that the Virtual Lab is only available to current MSU Denver students. However, faculty and staff may install specific software packages on their University-provided computer using the Software Self Service tool or request software applications by contacting the ITS Helpdesk at 303-352-7548 or support.msudenver.edu.
Connecting to the Virtual Lab
To access the Virtual Lab you will need to download and install the Citrix Receiver software. The process varies depending on the type of computing device you are using.
If you are using a laptop or desktop computer:
- Go to www.citrix.com/products/receiver/.
- Download the Citrix Receiver software and install it on your computer.
- When prompted for the server address, enter citrix.msudenver.edu.
- Sign in using your MSU Denver NetID and password.
If you are using a mobile device (e.g., Android or iOS), you will need to install the Citrix Receiver client from the App Store or Google Play.
Virtual Lab FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Who can access the applications in the Virtual Lab?
- Any currently-enrolled MSU Denver student can access the Virtual Lab Environment using a computer that is physically connected to MSU Denver's network or via devices connected to the 'MSUDenver' secure wireless network.
- How do I access the Virtual Lab?
- Can Citrix be used if I don't have Citrix Receiver installed?
- No, currently the Citrix Receiver is required to access all applications.
- How do I request additional applications?
- Contact the ITS Helpdesk at 303-352-7548 or support.msudenver.edu.
- Why can't I see an advertised application in Citrix Receiver?
- Please contact the ITS Helpdesk to verify your permission to the application.
- How do I access the Virtual Lab from off-campus?
- Currently, the Virtual Lab can be accessed using a computer that is physically connected to MSU Denver’s network, via devices connected to the “MSUDenver” secure wireless network, or any off-campus device connected to MSU Denver's VPN. Request VPN access by contacting the ITS Helpdesk.
Available Software Applications
The following types of software applications are currently available in the Citrix environment:
Graphics & Audio
- Adobe Photoshop CC 2018
- VLC Player
- Microsoft Excel 2016
- Microsoft OneNote 2016
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
- Microsoft Publisher 2016
- Microsoft Word 2016
- UVision 5
- Visual Studio 2018
Mathematics & Statistics
- Mathematica 11
- R x64
- Minitab 18
Additional applications will be available after thorough testing. To request additional software, please contact the ITS Helpdesk at 303-352-7548 or support.msudenver.edu.
If you have additional questions, concerns, or need immediate assistance - Please contact the MSU Denver Helpdesk.