Health Services Fee
In 2018, MSU Denver students voted to pass a mental health fee to bolster a number of services at the Counseling Center and the Health Center at Auraria. Roadrunners were aware of the need for student mental health support, better access to care and increased outreach and education. Recently re-categorized as a Health Services Fee, this fee affords students unlimited use of mental health services regardless of insurance coverage. A common misconception is that a student needs to have the MSU Denver Student Insurance Plan or other insurance in order to access these no-cost services at the Health Center or Counseling Center. The fee has helped remove this barrier and contribute to additional services and resources.
Health Center at Auraria:
- Thanks to the Mental Health Fee, all psychological and psychiatric visits at the Health Center at Auraria are 100% free for MSU Denver students.
- The Health Center at Auraria is leading the Auraria campus’s public health emergency response and has been a COVID-19 testing site since the beginning of the pandemic. They even offer drive-up testing to all Auraria Campus constituents.
- The HCA is still open, in the Plaza Building, and offers low-cost comprehensive general medicine (primary care) medical services, including in-person visits, virtual telehealth visits, and more!
- Health education and outreach are available virtually through the Health Center’s various social media channels.
- Please call the Health Center at Auraria before visiting in person. (303) 615-9999
- All psychological services at the Counseling Center are 100% free for currently enrolled MSU Denver students.
- The Counseling Center provides virtual individual therapy, support groups, crisis intervention appointments and mental health resources.
- In addition, the Counseling Center processes requests for assessment and support letters for academic accommodations through the Access Center; responses to Request for Records from current or past clients for Social Security Disability Determinations; support for Vocational Rehabilitation requests; and follow-up assessment and treatment of students referred by the CARE Team and faculty and staff.
- We are responding in live time to calls made through our main number between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (303) 615-9988
If you are in need of immediate support after-hours, you can contact the 24/7 Auraria Mental Health Crisis & Victim’s Assistance Line at 303-615-9911 or text the word TALK to 38255.
If you are enrolled but located outside of Colorado, there may be restrictions to mental health care provided by the Health Center and Counseling Center due to varying licensing regulations between states. We encourage you to call and speak with a staff member to determine the best plan for treatment.