Do an internship
The MSU Denver Applied Learning Center's Internship Program works with students from most majors to help them find an internship. Internships can be done for pay or credit, depending on the policies of your major. Approximately 33 percent of all MSU Denver internships turn into permanent job offers upon graduation.
Check out the benefits of an internship:
- Gain skills in your career field.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to actual on-the-job experiences.
- Enhance your resume and improve your opportunities for good jobs after graduation.
- Discover the variety of career opportunities in your field.
- Receive college credit toward graduation requirements in some departments.
- Earn money for school tuition and expenses. If you qualify for work-study funds, some internship employers can use those funds to pay you.
- Increase participation in classroom discussions and improve your grades.
- Work on programs and with equipment not available on campus.
- Learn to interact professionally with peers.
- Establish contacts and begin networking for future employment.
- Develop references for future employment or graduate school applications.
- Have the opportunity to form decisions about job compatibility.
- Learn job-seeking skills, such as resume writing, letter writing, interviewing and interview follow-up.
- Develop a greater degree of confidence upon entering a job situation.
- Begin at a higher level of responsibility in your first position.
- Potentially begin your career at a higher salary.
Call the Internship Program at 303-556-3290 to schedule an orientation to get started.