Student Engagement and Wellness
Where the veterans are
By Lauren Sullivan, M.A.
Veteran/Military Student Services Coordinator?
Veteran and Military Student Center
In fall 2015, MSU Denver Veteran and Military students got a space of their own. The MSU Denver Veteran and Military Student Center is located in Tivoli 243, right across from the ilovit market on the second floor.
In May 2015, the center underwent renovations, including new paint, carpet, and furniture. It now has wheelchair accessible computer desks, a café type table, and study desks that can be moved together for meetings – or apart for group or individual study.
- Work on a computer
- Print your class assignments
- Heat up your lunch (and store it in the fridge until lunchtime)
- Grab a coffee and meet new friends
- Study in our quiet study room, or work in a small group
- Meet with your Voc Rehab counselor, or work on transferring in your military service experience into academic transfer credit
- Find help if you don’t know where to go, we can refer you to many school and outside resources!
- Find other students who understand what it means to serve!
- Learn about upcoming events
- Find a part time or seasonal job on our job board wall
- Be yourself!
A full time coordinator and VA work-study student workers staff the center. We are open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., so please come check us out. We are here to serve you!