Graduate School Entrance Exam & Professional Licensure Program
Take the next step towards your educational and/or career goals with this great resource! The Graduate School Entrance Exam & Professional Licensure Program is a student fee funded resource that provides financial assistance for students looking to complete a graduate school entrance exam (GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.) or participate in a certification/licensure course or exam.
Students are eligible to receive up to $400 per fiscal year (July 1-June 30). These funds can be used for exam registration fees, graduate school entrance exam preparation courses, or fees for licensure or certification completion.
***Most graduate school entrance exams are available online during the COVID-19 pandemic stay-at-home order. More information can be found here.***
Program Guidelines & Eligibility
- Applicants must be enrolled in at least 1 credit hour at MSU Denver at the time of proposal submission
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75
- Applicants must apply at least 21 days prior to their exam/certification course date
- Students are eligible to receive up to $400 for their exam/certification course
- Students are eligible to receive funding from this program once per fiscal year
- Funds will be held by the chair of the selection committee. If selected, you will work with the chairperson to schedule and pay for your exam
- Funds will be awarded as they are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The program is funded on an annual basis, therefore fund availability will differ year to year
- All students are encouraged to apply. However, those exhibiting financial need will have funding priority
- Funds from this program are not eligible to be used for MSU Denver tuition
How to Apply
Complete your research on which exam and/or licensure/certification course you would like to complete. Be sure to pay close attention to eligibility requirements, dates/deadlines for exams/courses, and cost.
Identify and ask a MSU Denver faculty or staff member to write a letter of recommendation. You will be required to upload a copy of your letter of recommendation at the end of the proposal form.
Complete the Graduate School Entrance Exam & Professional Licensure Program Proposal Form on RoadrunnerLink.
Once the proposal form is submitted the funding committee will review your proposal within 3 business days. You will receive an email notification once a decision has been made.
Once funding is awarded the next step is to work with the program administrator (Dave Bourassa) to purchase your exam or licensure/certification course.
The Committee bases its funding allocations on the following:
Thoroughness and quality of proposal materials and completion of all application requirements
Personal goals and academic/career enrichment
How the proposed activity supports the educational mission of the institution
Faculty/staff letter of recommendation
Compliance with all MSU Denver and State of Colorado Fiscal Rules
Availability of funds
Questions? Please contact Dave Bourassa, email@example.com