The Student Travel Program
The Student Travel Program is a student fee funded program that provides travel grants for MSU Denver students. These grants help fund the cost of transportation, registration and lodging for qualified individuals or student groups wishing to attend regional, national, or international professional development events/meetings. Individual students, pairs or student groups may apply for funding once each fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
Qualifying Professional Development Events
The following forms of professional development are eligible for program participation:
- Conferences/conventions/professional meetings
- Competitions (non-athletic, co-curricular only)
- Individual Funding - One student presenting original research at a professional development event. Eligible for up to $625.
- Pair Funding - Two students presenting original research at a professional development event. Eligible for up to $1,250.
- Group Funding - Three or more students who just want to attend a professional development event. Group funding does not require the students to present at the professional development event. Eligible for up to $1,875.
The lead student must complete a consultation meeting (click on the following link for the Consultation Request Form) prior to the proposal deadline. This consultation meeting is required so that the specifics of the funding process, including the proposal and presentation, may be discussed. Failure to complete a consultation meeting prior to the proposal deadline will result in a 10-point deduction from the scoring rubric used to determine funding. Please pay close attention to proposal deadlines. Proposals submitted after the deadline will not be accepted. The Student Travel Program proposal and presentation must be student-led.
Director of Student Travel
Student Travel Assistant