Being a part of a student organization is a great way to:
- Become involved
- Meet people
- Develop leadership skills
- Have fun
- Enhance professional experience
Metropolitan State University of Denver has over 120 student organizations whose focuses range from academic to social. It is likely there is a student organization that fits your interests. If you can’t find an org that excites you, it is easy to start your own.
The Office of Student Activities and the Student Org Team is here to assist you in anyway. Come by our office in the Tivoli, Room 305 or call us at 303-615-0606. The Student Organizations staff provides administrative and accounting support to student organizations at MSU Denver. We are here to help you register your organization and assist in the process along the way. We are also here to help with anything during the semester.
HOW TO JOIN A STUDENT ORGANIZATION
- Sign into RoadrunnerLink by going to https://roadrunnerlink.msudenver.edu
- Click on "Organizations."
- Filter organizations by category or search for specific organizations .
- Click on their portal for general information, meeting times, and upcoming events.
- If interested, you can request to join an organization or contact their officers for more information.
HOW TO START A STUDENT ORGANIZATION
- Identify 4 students as organization officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary)
- Have all 4 officers complete an Officer Training session. There’s an online officer training option as well as an in-person option. Go to RoadrunnerLink for more information about our officer training sessions.
- Select a full-time MSU Denver faculty or staff member to serve as your organization advisor and have them complete the “Advisor Verification & Responsibilities Form” (https://roadrunnerlink.msudenver.edu/submitter/form/start/183022)
- Write a constitution (Student organizations must address all articles listed in the Constitution Template - (https://roadrunnerlink.msudenver.edu/organization/student-activities/documents/view/577929)
- Go to https://roadrunnerlink.msudenver.edu and login using your MSU Denver credentials
- Click the "Organizations” tab and then click “Register an Organization”
- Complete all of the steps in the registration form and submit. Our staff will review your submission, constitution, and officer qualifications.
- You will receive a notification once your registration submission is approved or denied.
Assistant Director | Student Organizations, Student Travel
Student Organizations and Customer Service Manager