The following programs take place each year:
Illuminate brings together MSU Denver students for a one-day experience designed to grow confidence and connections to create change in our local communities.
Mission and Goals of Illuminate:
- Bring students at MSU Denver together
- Increase self-awareness through introduction of Emotional Intelligence Work
- Increase awareness of Denver-Area resources, organizations, and socially responsible leaders and organizations.
- Increase awareness of assets in addressing ongoing community challenges.
Latinx Leadership Conference
The purpose of the Latinx Leadership Summit is to nurture the cultural pride and identity development in the Latinx community on the Auraria Campus.
As a result of participating in the Latinx Leadership Summit participants will:
- Understand the ways in which their voice, perspectives and experiences impact and matter in the the global community.
- Develop an understanding of how cultural identity impacts leadership.
- Engage in critical dialogue and reflection about the ways in which we strengthen our Latinx community on the Auraria campus.
- Increase skills and awareness of how to be an agent of social change in their communities.
Student Involvement & Leadership Awards
Each year, over 35 individuals and groups are recognized for their efforts in creating community at MSU Denver through the Student Involvement & Leadership Awards. Nomination and selection materials available March 1, 2020