About This Program
MSU Denver welcomes students who already have a bachelor’s degree, yet wish to pursue a career in audiology (AUD) or speech-language pathology (SLP). Clinical certification for SLP or AUD requires a graduate degree, and acceptance into graduate school is competitive. Admission is enhanced if students successfully complete our 30-credit leveling certificate, a series of eight undergraduate SLHS courses.
Additional coursework considerations:
- Degree-seeking SLHS majors are required to take non-SLHS prerequisite courses. These suggested prerequisites may be waived for “leveling” students; however, students without background knowledge in these areas will need to enroll in a formal course and/or engage in independent review of the material to be successful.
- Students must earn a C or better in all required courses to apply towards the SLHS Leveling certificate
- Prior to certification, the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires undergraduate coursework in: a) social/behavioral sciences, b) biology, c) physics or chemistry, and d) statistics.
- Meet with an SLHS advisor. Request an appointment with an SLHS advisor by visiting our online bookings page, calling 303-615-0045 or emailing SLHS administrative assistant, Shannon Harris ([email protected]). Have an unofficial transcript with date bachelor’s degree available at this appointment.
- Enroll at MSU Denver. Students must be enrolled to complete this certificate. Official transcripts will be required. Refer to the university website for current admission information.
- Register for courses and/or submit course request. For classes that have a prerequisite (SLHS or otherwise) not completed at MSU Denver, students will need registration assistance. Students must complete a Financial Responsibility and Promissory Note Agreement, which includes a required signature from an SLHS advisor. Submit completed and signed forms to Shannon Harris. See the department website for the date that requests for registration assistance opens; early requests are not accepted, and forms are processed in the order received.
Need help determining where your older SLHS (catalog year 2020-2021 and earlier) courses fit in with the new SLHS curriculum (catalog year 2021-2022 and later)? Click here for a helpful SLHS Course Conversion Chart!