Department of Social Work
3rd Annual Social Work Mental & Behavioral Health Conference
Healing in the Time of COVID-19, Racialized Tensions & the Political Landscape
Save the Date
Friday, January 29, 2021 | 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (MST)
Virtual Webinar | Denver, CO
The Metropolitan State University of Denver Department of Social Work invites you to the 3rd Annual Social Work Mental & Behavioral Health Conference. This year’s webinar is an opportunity for students, faculty, and community members to connect virtually with community and national experts on their response to the mental and behavioral challenges communities are experiencing due COVID-19, the exposed racialized tensions, and this country’s political divide.
For more information, please contact Guadalupe Vargas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two (2) hours of CE credits pending approval by NASW-CO
Welcoming Address: Dr. Dawn Matera-Bassett, MSW, LCSW, HRSA Principle Investigator & Associate Professor at Metropolitan State University of Denver
Keynote Speaker & Moderator: Dr. Julie Clockston, LCSW, National Association of Social Workers Colorado (NASWCO) Chapter President
- Dr. Liz Mendez-Shannon, MSW, Vice President of Program Development at Sewall Child Development Center
- Dr. Pam Begay, LCSW, Psychotherapist, Farmington, New Mexico
- Dr. Larry Curry, LCSW, CAC III, Founder and CEO, Clinical Director of The Curry Center LLC
- Enid Nieves, MSW Candidate, Director of Hotline Services at the Center for Trauma and Resilience
- Sonam Khanal, LCSW, Asian Pacific Development Center
Closing Keynote: Dr. Judith Nelson, MSW, LCSW, Dean Emerita at the Sanville Institute for Clinical Social Work
Closing Remarks: Dr. Joni Handran, LCSW, CAC III
Support the MSU Denver Department of Social Work's commitment to partnering, collaborating, and educating community partners. Highlight your agency, market your product's expertise, inform prospective interns and employees about your agency.
For more information, contact Guadalupe Vargas at email@example.com.