Department of Social Work
HRSA BHWET MSW General Integrative Care Stipend Program
The HRSA BHWET Professional Grant expires in August 2021. The 2020-2021 Academic Year was the last year of funding, however we are pursuing additional funding opportunities. If additional funds are secured, students will be informed via their MSU Denver email.
MSU Denver Department of Social Work and CSU School of Social Work are pleased to have been awarded the HSRA Behavioral Health Workforce Education and Training for Professionals Project (BHWET) grant. The grant was funded through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). MSU Denver and CSU are excited to have continued participation with this project that positions MSW practitioners to be on the cutting edge of current practice trends as health care and behavioral health care become more integrated under the Affordable Care Act. Funding for this grant expires in August 2021.
The nature of the grant was to:
- Provide $10,000 field placement stipends to concentration year or advanced standing MSW students who are placed at agencies serving populations across the lifespan, including in rural and medically underserved areas.
- Provide students with specialized behavioral health training in how to work with populations across the lifespan, including in rural and medically underserved areas.
- Position stipend recipients to succeed in addressing the mental and behavioral health needs of vulnerable populations in interprofessional integrated care settings.
- Build a network of professionals and agencies which collaborate in providing interprofessional services to vulnerable, at-risk, medically underserved, and/or rural populations and their families.
Applicants who were offered and accept the HRSA General Stipend Program must:
- Successfully complete all required MSW coursework
- Successfully complete the required field placement at a HRSA-eligible agency
- Attend and participate in the HRSA General Integrative Care Program's monthly, interprofessional training seminar program
- The monthly seminars are NOT for course credit and are REQUIRED
- Agree to fulfill the post-graduation employment commitment:
- 12-months full-time (or two positions part-time) employment in Colorado at a HRSA-eligible agency
- **MSU Denver students must enroll in a HRSA-designated field course**