Skip to main content Skip to main content

Transfer Guide for Undergraduate Students

Entering the Bachelor of Science in Social Work (BSSW) Program as a Transfer Student

Welcome transfer students!

BSSW Program Course Transfer Policy

Incoming students who have taken Social Work courses at another college or university may have the coursework reviewed to apply for Social Work credit for the courses. To be considered, coursework must have been completed at a college or university accredited by a regional accreditation body (see MSU Denver website for additional information). In addition, certain coursework must have been completed within a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education to be considered for transfer into the BSSW Program. There is a limit to the number of courses and the types of courses that may transfer in as Social Work credit. To be considered for credit, students must provide documentation that includes the course description, course syllabus, and requirements. Please review the transfer student resources below and if you have any questions email

Transfer Student Resources

For more information on the transfer process, please visit the Transfer Services website. Before meeting with an advisor in the Office of Social Work Student Services, we recommend requesting a preliminary transfer credit evaluation. To do so, email and include the following information:

  •     First and Last Name
  •     Mailing address
  •     Birth Date
  •     Name of institutions for all transcripts to be evaluated
  •     Copy of each transcript
  •     Anticipated start term

Please bring the evaluation to your advising appointment so that an advisor can best assist in answering your questions about prerequisite and general studies requirements. To schedule an appointment, please call 303-615-0555. 

See if your class will transfer with this helpful tool.

Community College Partnerships

Red Rocks Community College

Memorandum of Understanding: Red Rocks to MSU Denver Social Work MOU

Pikes Peak Community College

Transfer Agreement: Pikes Peak to MSU Denver Social Work Transfer Guide

Community College of Denver

Memorandum of Understanding: Community College of Denver to MSU Denver Social Work MOU

All Colorado Community Colleges

Transfer Agreement: Community College to MSU Denver BSSW Program General Transfer Guide

Please contact the Office of Social Work Student Services at for more information or call our Welcome Desk at 303-615-0555 to schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor.

Edit this page

Contact Information

Main Office Phone:



Main Office
Central Classroom Suite 201

Office of Field Education
Central Classroom Suite 202

Office of Social Work Student Services
Central Classroom Suite 206

Maps and Parking

Mailing Address:

Metropolitan State University of Denver
Department of Social Work
PO Box 173362 CB 70
Denver, CO 80217-3362


Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accreditation logo

Our MSW and BSSW Programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education - the sole accrediting body for social work education.