Department of Social Work
MSW Program: Accepted with Stipulation
Completion of Undergraduate Degree
Terms of Stipulation
This stipulation will be lifted when an official transcript showing the completion of an undergraduate degree and the date conferred is received by the Office of Social Work Student Services. The degree must be completed prior to starting the program and proof of completion must be provided prior to the end of the student's first term in the MSW Program. If this item is not met per the specified timeline, the student will be dismissed from the Program.
Required Next Steps
- If you are receiving your undergraduate degree from MSU Denver:
- The Office of Social Work Student Services will verify the conferral of your degree from the internal system. No addtional steps are required from the student.
- If you are receiving your undergraduate degree from a school other than MSU Denver:
- Upon conferral of the undergraduate degree, submit official transcripts to the Office of Social Work Student Services showing the degree has been conferred. Transcripts can be submitted in one of the following methods. Please do not submit any materials to the Office of Admissions at MSU Denver. Failure to submit using one of the options below may result in a delay in processing your transcripts.
Note: we are encouraging all transcripts to be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Due to campus restrictions, our receipt of physical transcripts sent via mail will be significantly delayed.
- Submit Transcripts Electronically (Preferred Method): Request official transcripts be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit Transcripts by Mail: Request official transcripts be sent by mail to
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Department of Social Work
Attn: Office of Social Work Student Services
PO Box 173362 CB 70
Denver, CO 80217-3362
- Due to campus restrictions, our office is not currently open for visitors and we cannot accept transcripts dropped off in person.
Upon receiving proof of degree conferral, the Office of Social Work Student Services will verify the cumulative undergraduate GPA and, in the case that the GPA is below 3.0, may alter your admission decision or stipulations.
Important Note About Ordering Transcripts
If you are ordering your transcripts and select to send them to a school, you may be forced to choose from a list of schools and will not be able to enter the Office of Social Work Student Services email or mailing address. If this is the situation, do not select MSU Denver as this will have your materials sent to MSU Denver Office of Admissions. Instead, you should select to send the transcripts to a third party at which point you should be able to directly enter our information. Sending to a third party and directly entering the email or physical address you want them sent to should be an option at all institutions. We have had transcripts from schools across the U.S. sent to our office via our email and mailing address.