Department of Social Work
MSW Program: Accepted with Provision
Completion of Bachelor's Degree
What Is Provisional Acceptance?
Students are provisionally accepted to the MSW Program at MSU Denver when they have not provided official transcripts showing completion of an undergraduate degree and date conferred. Provisionally accepted students have been accepted to the MSW Program providing that they submit official proof of degree completion prior to the start of MSW Program coursework. Because the student cannot be fully accepted to an MSU Denver graduate program without proof of undergraduate degree completion, students who are provisionally accepted will not be able to receive their financial aid package until proof of degree completion is received. However, students are still able to register for courses after submitting a Graduate Acknowledgment Form. Students who do not submit proof of degree completion prior to the start of courses may be dismissed from the MSW Program. If you are graduating the semester prior to starting MSW Program coursework and do not think your degree granting institution will be able to provide a transcript showing your undergraduate degree and date conferred prior to the start of MSW Program coursework, please contact email@example.com.
Terms of Provision
This attribute of provisional acceptance will be lifted when the undergraduate degree is completed with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0. The degree must be completed prior to starting the program. If this item is not met per the specified timeline, the student will be dismissed from the Program.
Required Next Steps
- Submit the Graduate Acknowledgment Form to the Office of Social Work Student Services by the confirmation of enrollment deadline. This form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at our Welcome Desk in Central Classroom Building room 201.
- Upon conferral of the undergraduate degree, send official transcripts to the Office of Social Work Student Services showing the degree has been conferred. Transcripts can be submitted in one of the following methods. Please do not submit any materials to the Office of Admissions at MSU Denver. Failure to submit using one of the options below may result in a delay in processing your transcripts.
- Submit Transcripts Electronically (Preferred Method): Request official transcripts be sent electronically to email@example.com
- Submit Transcripts by Mail: Request official transcripts be sent by mail to
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Department of Social Work
Attn: Office of Social Work Student Services
PO Box 173362 CB 70
Denver, CO 80217-3362
- Submit Transcripts in Person: Drop off unopened official transcripts at our Welcome Desk in Central Classroom Building room 201
- The Office of Social Work Student Services will verify the cumulative undergraduate GPA and, in the case that the GPA is below 3.0, may alter your admission decision.