Department of Social Work
The Cost of Graduate School
October 5, 2017
Don't Forget - the Priority Deadline is October 31st at 11:59 PM!
Reasons to apply by the Priority Deadline:
- Be competitive in the Workforce Stipend Program application process. Students interested in the Child Welfare Stipend Program are encouraged to apply by the priority deadline for full stipend consideration.
- Be among the first across the entire state of Colorado to look for a field placement for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Feel a sense of extreme pride and satisfaction knowing you have done something for yourself and your future!
For more information about the Priority Deadline, visit our website.
MSU Denver Cost of Attendance
Here at MSU Denver, we pride ourselves on our MSW Program being affordable and accessible! We know that we aren’t your only option for an MSW Program in the state of Colorado. However, we do pride ourselves on continually being the most affordable program in the state and one of the most affordable programs in the nation.
- Average MSW Advanced Standing Program Cost at MSU Denver:
- Resident Tuition and Fees - $18,851
- Non-Resident Tuition and Fees - $25,664
- Average MSW Regular Program Cost at MSU Denver:
- Resident Tuition and Fees - $31,143
- Non-Resident Tuition and Fees - $42,507
Please note, the numbers above reflect the 2018-19 tuition rates. Tuition in higher education does tend to increase 6-8% every academic year.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – Available Now!
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now available! Federal aid is awarded on a first come, first served basis, so visit https://fafsa.ed.gov/ to submit your FAFSA today! See a summary of key dates for submitting your FAFSA below:
- If you plan to attend college from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019...
- You will submit the 2018-19 FAFSA
- You can submit this FAFSA from October 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018
- You can complete this FAFSA using income and tax information from 2016
- If you plan to attend college from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020...
- You will submit the 2019-20 FAFSA
- You can submit this FAFSA from October 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019
- You can complete this FAFSA using income and tax information from 2017
If you are applying for the Advanced Standing Program and will need financial aid support for the summer bridge courses, you will need to submit BOTH the 2018-19 FAFSA and the 2019-20 FAFSA.