Department of Social Work
Applying to the Bachelor of Science in Social Work Major
Students must apply to the BSSW Major in the Spring semester prior to the Fall semester in which the student intends to start the BSSW Program, and be accepted into the department before registering for any Social Work core classes.
- Advising is required for all students majoring in Social Work.
- All prerequisites must be completed prior to the Fall semester in which students start the BSSW Program.
- Please visit our BSSW Program Coursework page to download an Advising Chart and review the prerequisites and program courses.
- Feel free to join us at an information session!
- Students may only begin the BSSW Program in the Fall semester.
- The department only accepts new majors once per year.
- Students will be notified of their acceptance via their MSU Denver email.
The Fall 2020 BSSW Program Application is now open!
The application cycle for the Fall 2020 start will run from February 3, 2020 through April 10, 2020. Late materials will be accepted, please contact The Office of Social Work Student Services at email@example.com if you need an extension.
All students who wish to apply for the BSSW Program beginning in Fall 2020 must complete and submit the application. For more information and to access the application, click here.
Students will not be able to register for Fall 2020 upper division social work courses until their application has been processed and their major changed to social work (SWK). Applications are processed and reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received, so we highly encourage you to submit your application as soon as you are able so that it can be processed and your major changed prior to the start of fall registration in late March/early April.