Skip to main content Skip to main content

Work-Study Employment

Work-study funds come from the state or federal government depending on which awards the student receives.

New Employees - Please complete the Following Steps

1. Completion of the University's Background Check 

  • Register for Student Employment Background Check Registration through the Student Employment Calendar 
  • The SE Team will initiate an email from HireRight Customer Support using the email address provided in your registration information.  
  • Follow the steps in the email to complete and submit the authorization form.  

 2. Complete the employment paperwork 

  • Student Hourly Employees, please complete the New Employee packet
  • International Student Employees, please complete the International Student Employee Packet 

3. Submit your completed packet via the SE Team Liquid Files Dropbox  - 

4. Include the following support documents 

  • Class Schedule - detailed view showing credit hours from Student Hub
    • During the Fall and Spring semesters, student employees must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours (unless it is the last semester before the student graduates).
    • During the the summer, student hourly employees may be below this requirement but must submit proof of registration for the fall.
      • Students who are below the minimum of 6 credits hours in the summer will be automatically be enrolled in the Student Employment Retirement Plan (SERP). (Exceptions are given to students taking less than 6 credit hours in the last semester before graduation. Please inform HR if this is the case.
  • Work-Study Award  - award letter or Award History or Aid by Year-Overview information from Student Hub
    • Work-study funds must be requested through Financial Aid by submitting a WK - Work-study Request form (i.e. WKSUM, WK21)
  • Direct Deposit Enrollment 
    • A voided check or a letter from the bank with the routing and account numbers must be provided 
      • Bank statements or deposit slips are not valid
  • Provide the acceptable forms of identification to verify employment. 
    • To accommodate telecommuting and physical proximity precautions we are currently remotely verifying and accepting copies.   
    • Once campus reopens you will be required to bring the physical form of ID into the HR Office. 
    • Click below to view the list of acceptable documents.

Supervisors - Complete the Supervisor Packet

1. Please complete the following on the Student Employment Form

  • Enrollment Information
  • Supervisor/Department Information
  • Start & End Dates - NOTE: Students are not allowed to work until authorized by HR
  • Payment Information
    • FOAP
    • Rate of Pay including Level and Step
  • Sign and obtain the students signature and other necessary signatures

2. Please complete all sections and obtain the student’s signature on the Position Description Form

3. Submit by using the Student Employment Liquid Files Drop Box Link - 

Next Steps and First Day of Work 

Please watch the following 3 videos regarding the timesheet process and key points in the Student Employment Handbook. 


WebTime Entry (Online) Timesheets 

Paper Timesheets and when they should be used

Student Employee Handbook - Key Points

Continuing Employees 

When an updated SEF2.0 spreadsheet should be submitted by your supervisor: 

  • To extend your current job for the next semester.
  • If you've been hired for an additional position. 
  • If you've exhausted your work-study funds and the department has hourly funds to pay you from. 

SEF 2.0_Fall 2019-Spring 2020

SEF2.0 - Summer 2020

Edit this page