Skip to main content Skip to main content
Work Study Employees

Work-Study Employment

Work-study funds come from the state or federal government depending on which awards the student receives. Complete the following steps for submitting your paperwork to Human Resources.

New Employees

1. Register for a Student Employment New Hire Orientation (SE-NHO)

2. Complete and bring the New Hire Packet to SE-NHO

  • Completion of all forms is required to hire Work-study and Off-Campus Fedral Work-study funded students.  Off-Campus Agencies or Non-MSU Denver Departments who are first time employers please contact the Student Employment Manager for further information on becoming an authorized employer.  

3. Print out and bring in your detailed class schedule and work-study award letter

  • Print and attach your detailed class schedule

  • Print and attach your Award History or Aid by Year - Overview information

4. Bring in acceptable documents to verify employment. 

  • New employees must bring in their acceptable forms of identification to Orientation in order to complete the Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 Form. Click below to view the list of acceptable documents.

5. Direct Deposit Enrollment 

  • A voided check or a letter from the bank with the routing and account numbers must be provided 
    • Bank statements or deposit slips are not valid


Continuing Employees 

When to complete the continuing employment packet: 

  • To extend your current job for the next semester.
  • If you've been hired for an additional position. 
  • If you've exhausted your work-study funds and the department has hourly funds to pay you from. 


Edit this page