Skip to main content Skip to main content

Make a Report

Emergency: In the event of a life-threatening emergency, please call 911. Note that calling 911 from any Auraria campus phone will dispatch the Auraria Police Department. You may also reach the Auraria Police Department by calling 303-556-5000 from a cell phone or off-campus location.

Non-Emergency Criminal Reports:

If you have firsthand knowledge of criminal behavior taking place on the Auraria Campus you are encouraged to file a police report with the Auraria Campus Police Department as soon as possible. Please call the Auraria Police Department at 303.556.5000 to make a report over the phone or to arrange to meet with an officer who can take your report.

Policy Violations:

If you observe concerning behavior that may not rise to the level of criminal activity, but may be in violation of a University or campus policy you are encouraged to make a report so that the appropriate authorities can intervene.
  • To report a student policy violation please filed a report with the Dean of Students Office.
  • To report a faculty or staff policy violation contact the Department Chair. For a directory of MSU Denver departments, faculty and staff see here.
  • To report a guest/visitor policy violation contact the Auraria Police Department.

Concerning Behavior:

If you are concerned about a member of the MSU Denver community you are encouraged to alert the University representatives who are best equipped to assess the situation, and if needed, to intervene. If you observe concerning behavior please make a report so that qualified professionals can assess the situation and determine the appropriate response.
  • To report concerns about an MSU Denver student please file a CARE report.
  • To report concerns about a member of the MSU Denver faculty please contact the applicable Department Chair.
  • To report concerns about an MSU Denver staff member please contact Human Resources.

Environmental Hazards: 

Many of the MSU Denver laboratories, shops, and studios use chemicals and reagents that are toxic and dangerous to both people as well as the environment.  If you experience a significant spill, release, or injury contact the Auraria Police Department at 303.556.5000.  Immediate attention should be given to the safety of all injured persons as well as the safety of all persons in the lab, shop, or studio.  If you require assistance with a spill or release, contact Mark Pokorny at 303.913.5555 or

For incidents and/or injuries in MSU laboratories, shops, and studios involving injury or illness as well as fires, releases, spills, or property damage, the Environmental Health Incident Report Form should be used.

This form should be forwarded to the instructor or professor in charge of the class were the incident occurred, the lab or shop coordinator and/or manager, the Chair-person of the involved department, the Dean of Students as well as the Dean of the appropriate School, and the Environmental and Emergency Preparedness Manager.

Workers' Compensation: 

If an employee has experienced a work-related injury, please complete the form below. An initial report will be filed with Broadspire Services, Inc., the state's third-party administrator. A staff member from the Office of Human Resources will contact you regarding the First Report of Injury. For more information on the state workers' compensation program, visit

For a work-related injury or illness, employees must visit one of the University's designated medical providers. Should you visit your personal medical provider, you may be responsible for any costs incurred. 

Liability Claims with the State of Colorado: 

As a public institution of higher education in Colorado, MSU Denver works with the State Office of Risk Management (SORM) which is responsible for administering the state's liability, workers' compensation, and property programs. Protection for liability for State departments is provided under the terms of the Colorado Government Immunity Act (CGIA) (Section 24-10-101, C.R.S. et seq.) and the Risk Management Act (RMA) (Section 24-30-1501, C.R.S. et seq.). Individuals interested in submitting a liability claim with the SORM, who need to check on the status of a claim, or who seek more information about the state’s liability programs should visit Individuals who do not have the ability to download and print a form for submission may call SORM at (303) 866-3848 to request that a claim form be mailed. MSU Denver’s on-campus liaison with SORM is Beth Christensen, Manager, Contracts & Business Services. Email contact:



Edit this page