Safe Return to Campus
We know that with the large majority of classes being held online and only a limited number of classes and services occurring on campus, it can be hard to understand how to access the services that you need and pay for.
So, we put together this list of our top services and how to access them this fall semester. If you are curious about a service not listed on this sheet, please go to the office’s webpage for updates on how to connect virtually and any physical hours (if offered).
- Academic Advisors are currently working remotely and are available to hold advising appointments with current and prospective students via phone, email or virtual advising.
Visit msudenver.edu/advising to schedule your appointment or to find your advisor.
- The Health Center at Auraria, located in Plaza 150, remains open on campus. Call 303-615-9999 BEFORE visiting to the Health Center to ensure the continued safety of all Auraria constituents. Many medical and mental-health services are offered virtually through telehealth visits. The Health Center can provide rapid response and testing for any concerns related to COVID-19. If you become ill at any time, please do not come to campus, but instead call the Health Center, so that their professional medical staff can assist in determining how best to meet your specific needs.
Visit www.healthcenter1.com for additional information.
- The Office of Financial Aid is closed physically but open virtually 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday to assist you. Call 303-556-8593, email FinAid@msudenver.edu or visit msudenver.edu/financialaid to make a virtual appointment with a counselor.
- The Office of the Bursar and Cashiers Office will only be open to accept payments for tuition and fees, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Students will need to check in at the Jordan Student Success Building Welcome Desk to request this service. All other services will be offered virtually by calling 303-615-0070 or emailing Bursar@msudenver.edu. More information can be found on their website: msudenver.edu/bursar/.
- The Roadrunner student experience has gone virtual through the new Virtual Engagement portal. We might not be on campus together, but our community must stay connected during this time.
Visit msudenver.edu/virtualengagement/ to learn about staying connected, games and contests, student organizations and more ways to get involved.
- The Access Center provides services and accommodations to students with disabilities, and is currently operating remotely to address your questions and provide accommodations during normal operational hours of Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. We look forward to connecting with you via phone, 303-615-0200, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by Microsoft Teams video conferencing. To learn more about the office please visit msudenver.edu/access/.
- Information about career opportunities are still available virtually. Need help with individual career counseling? Want a review of your resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile? Contact the Classroom to Career Hub by calling 303-615-1133 or emailing C2Hub@msudenver.edu for online assistance.
- The Tutoring Center will remain fully active and available throughout this time. However, there will be no in-person tutoring and the Tutoring Center physical offices will be closed.
To access tutoring services on Microsoft Teams, visit msudenver.edu/tutoring/.
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) will continue to support courses in fall 2020 by offering online, collaborative group study SI sessions through Zoom and Microsoft Teams. To view the list of SI-supported classes and access the online platforms each SI Leader is using, visit msudenver.edu/supplementalinstruction/sisessionschedule/
- Life happens. One of MSU Denver’s core values is access – all students should have access to resources they need to succeed in college and finish their education. The Student Emergency Retention Fund is an emergency stipend for MSU Denver students who are dealing with unanticipated and/or catastrophic life events that might otherwise cause the student to stop or pause their educational goals. Generally, to access the fund, a student must have exhausted all other available financial options. However, we recognize that every student’s situation is unique. The Committee encourages all students experiencing an emergency to apply so options can be explored. Further information and instructions for how to apply can be found at msudenver.edu/student-care-center/msudenverstudentemergencyfund/. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your situation, please contact the Student Care Center at 303-615-0006 or StudentCareCenter@msudenver.edu.
- Information Technology Services continues to be closed for walk-in services, but all students can still reach the Help Desk at 303-352-7548 for 24-hour support. More resources to aid your readiness for online learning can be found at msudenver.edu/technology/onlineready/.
- Our Counseling Center staff has taken several steps to maintain professional connections with our clients. Staff are providing virtual support groups, as well as personal growth, academic and diversity workshops in addition to one-on-one counseling services. We are currently operating remotely so that we can continue to provide therapeutic support to our current and prospective clients, between 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
For any mental health-related concerns, please call 303-615-9988 or visit our website msudenver.edu/counsel.
- The Writing Center supports all MSU Denver students and community members in their writing. We work one-on-one with writers at every step of their writing process, from understanding assignments to generating ideas to fleshing out a draft to revising and editing. You don’t even need to have anything written—we are experts at helping you get from a blank page to lots of words. For spring, we offer online synchronous, phone, and online asynchronous appointments, and some face-to-face appointments will be available beginning in February. Make an appointment or learn more by visiting https://www.msudenver.edu/writectr/.