Your scholarship advisor will be able to meet with you via email, phone conversation, or Teams Meeting. Your advisor will be in contact with you via email on how to set up these options.
Roadways Scholarship Support & Retention can assist you in applying for scholarships! Below is helpful information for common questions about scholarships and links to resources. We also host a number of workshops to assist students with their MSU Denver General Scholarship Application, Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or Dreamer Application for Institutional Aid (DAIA).
What can Scholarship Support and Retention Do for me?
- Provide scholarship support services which connect students to resources, foster community, and develop leadership for equitable college success, retention, and graduation outcomes.
- Provide students with support in completing their MSU Denver financial aid file and scholarship applications to secure the resources they need to fund their education including grants, scholarships, and loans.
Where do I find scholarships?
- You can learn and find scholarships in several ways, including completing the MSU Denver General Scholarship application.
- The Gender Institute for Teaching and Advocacy (GITA) has a list of scholarships here: https://msudenver.edu/gita/scholarships/scholarshipassistance
- Also a reminder to make sure scholarship information and offers you receive are legitimate; and remember that you don't have to pay to find scholarships or other financial aid.
How do I apply for scholarships?
- First complete your Dreamer Application for Institutional Aid or Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Many scholarships require you to complete this to be eligible. Visit Financial Aid for more information.
- Start and submit the MSU Denver general scholarship application. https://msudenver.academicworks.com/users/sign_in
- When getting or applying for scholarships look around not just at the type of scholarship but what their qualifications are in order to best prepare for apply and keep your scholarships.
- If you’re having trouble starting or are not sure where to begin we will have Scholarships Workshops in the spring to help students. Check back for those workshops!
What else should I know?
- Every scholarship has its own requirements varying from essays, letters of recommendation, community service, etc,
- Ask for letters of recommendation early.
- Have someone review your scholarship essay. GITA (https://msudenver.edu/gita/scholarships/scholarshipassistance/) has Scholarship Tutors who assist with the entire process of applying for scholarships including brainstorming, writing, and editing scholarship essays. Immigrant Services also offers scholarship essay writing review for non-native English speakers (https://msudenver.edu/immigrant-services/).
- Apply to every eligible scholarship to maximize your scholarship opportunities.