Office of the Registrar
Transfer Student Information:
If you have been admitted to MSU Denver, below are some resources to help you navigate the transfer process.
Please note- if you have not yet been admitted to MSU Denver, please check out the Transfer Admissions website for the best resources to help you begin your transfer application process.
Once you are admitted to MSU Denver and after we have received your official transcripts, you will receive your official transfer credit evaluation. This evaluation will come to your MSU Denver email with instructions on how to interpret your evaluation. This evaluation will contain all the courses that MSU Denver has initially accepted in transfer for all the official transcripts that we have received for you
We encourage you view your Degree Progress Reports in your Student Hub on a regular basis. Here you will see how all your course work, both transfer and MSU Denver, apply toward your degree progress.
- Electronic submission- must be sent from your transfer school directly to MSU Denver to be considered official: email@example.com
- Mailed submission- must be sent from the transfer school to be considered official: Metropolitan State University of Denver, Office of the Registrar, Campus Box 84, PO Box 173362, Denver, CO 80217-3362
- In-person: Office of the Registrar, Jordan Student Success Building, Counter 3. Transcripts must be in a sealed envelope to be considered official.
- Your Degree Progress Report (DPR) will show you how your degree progress throughout your degree at MSU Denver and how your transfer credits are evaluated
- To view the DPR, visit the MSU Denver Student Hub and click on the Degree Progress Report tile in the first section
- Some Degree Progress Reports are not available for the newest catalog years
- To see how courses apply to previous catalog years, choose the "What If" option
- Steps to run a "What If" audit are listed in the What If DPR Guide
Prior Bachelor’s Degrees
- Students with previous bachelor’s degrees from regionally accredited universities will receive 90 credit hours toward a second bachelor’s degree from MSU Denver. All General Studies requirements will be satisfied. Programs may still require certain courses to be taken to meet graduation requirements.
- Students with an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from a Colorado public institution will be admitted with junior standing. In addition, all General Studies requirements will be satisfied. Programs may still require certain courses to be taken to meet graduation requirements.
Colorado gtPathways Core Curriculum
- Students who have completed the Colorado gtPathways core curriculum from a Colorado public institution will have all their General Studies requirements satisfied. Programs may still require certain courses to be taken to meet graduation requirements.
- You are encouraged to work with your academic advisor regarding your transfer credits. In some cases, transfer courses require faculty or department approval to gain equivalency or to be transferred to MSU Denver. Use the Transfer Course Approval Form to begin the approval process.
- Follow the steps in this PDF to navigate the Transfer Course Approval process:
- Transfer Credit Evaluations are only completed by the Registrar's Office for undergraduate degree-seeking students
- Graduate students may have any graduate transfer credit evaluated by their specific program
- Non-degree and Certificate-only students will only have transfer credit applied if they change to a degree-seeking undergraduate program
- See the program advisor for questions about how prior credit may impact course selection and prerequisites
International transcripts that are not in English must be translated by a professional agency.
- U.S. college/university transcripts must be sent directly to MSU Denver from the issuing institution.
- For non-U.S. college/university transcripts, a professional course by course translation and evaluation completed by a professional transcript evaluation service is required.
- The service agency must be a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) We often receive evaluations from World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).
Contact Registrar Transfer Team