Office of the Registrar
Refer to the Academic Calendar to determine when full-semester grades are due. For courses that end prior to term 1, please submit your grades online. Grades submitted online are considered official, please do not use the online grading system as a placeholder for grades as they will roll to student's academic history.
Fresh Start Program
Students returning from a period of absence from MSU Denver may request that credit and grades from designated semesters previously attempted at MSU Denver not be calculated in GPA or total earned hours. If a "Fresh Start" is approved, all courses from designated semesters will appear in the official academic record but will be annotated to indicate they do not count for academic credit or GPA calculation. This Fresh Start will be granted once, for a period of at least one semester, with a maximum of 54 credit hours, under the following conditions.
- The student must not have been enrolled at MSU Denver for at least three (3) consecutive years (9 semesters).
- This policy shall only apply to designated semesters in which the student earned a GPA of 2.0 or below, which have not been applied to the completion of an MSU Denver degree or certificate, and which were attempted prior to the three year absence.
- The student must be in good financial standing with MSU Denver at the time of this application.
- The Fresh Start policy may only be used once in a student’s entire MSU Denver career.
- An approved Fresh Start shall not be reversed.
- The student must declare a major before applying for Fresh Start.
- The student must work with an academic advisor to complete a Fresh Start application.
The Best Grade Stands policy with the 18 hour limit will not apply to Fresh Start. If you have any questions, please refer them to the Records and Registration Team.
- Submitting late grades or grade exceptions? Log into your Faculty & Staff HUB and select "Grade Change" under the Advising & Degree Planning menu selection.
- Need assistance? Contact the Records and Registration Team.
Reminder: Please remember to obtain all forms online to ensure that you are using the most updated version. Forms are revised periodically to align with policies and procedures.