Student Journal of Psychological Science
The Student Journal of Psychological Science is a peer-reviewed journal dedicated to the publication and dissemination of scholarly work conducted by undergraduate students within the fields of Psychology and Human Development.
The Student Journal of Psychological Science will accept submissions addressing any area of Psychology or Human Development. Manuscripts submitted to the Student Journal of Psychological Science may include 1) reports of original empirical research; 2) literature reviews; 3) theoretical manuscripts; 4) manuscripts addressing the historical bases any aspect of Psychology or Human Development; or 5) annotated bibliographies. Authors should submit manuscripts as email attachments in Microsoft Word format to Dr.Aaron S. Richmond, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted manuscripts must not have been published previously, nor may they be under review for publication elsewhere. Manuscripts should be no more than 6000 words in length, and should follow APA guidelines regarding style and format as described in the Publication Manual (5th edition) of the APA .
Manuscripts should be organized in the following order:
- Title page, including author’s contact information (email and phone number)
- Abstract (no more than 150 words)
- Tables (if needed)
- Figures (if needed)
Upon receipt, the editor will remove any identifying information from the manuscript, and distribute it to a minimum of two reviewers for comments. The reviewers’ anonymous comments and recommendations regarding publication will be returned to the author within 4-8 weeks.
Reviewers can make one of four recommendations regarding publication:
- Reject (the manuscript is not acceptable for publication in the Student Journal of Psychological Science)
- Resubmit following major revisions (the author is offered the opportunity to undertake major revisions to the manuscript and submit it to the Student Journal of Psychological Science for a second round of reviews)
- Accept following revisions (the manuscript is worthy of publication, but changes must be made)
- Accept in current form
Once a manuscript has been accepted for publication, the editor will work with the author to ensure that the manuscript meets all APA style and format guidelines prior to publication. Because the Student Journal of Psychological Science is an electronic journal, articles will be available at: www.mscd.edu/~psychjrn/AuthorGuidelines.html.?