Charge to the Provost Search Committee
The Board of Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver and President Janine Davidson, Ph.D., appreciates the search committee’s commitment to the important work that will lead to the appointment of its next provost. The following charge outlines the board’s expectations with respect to the search process, confidentiality expected of the committee and the authority granted to the search committee.
- The search committee will adopt a timeline for the search that will permit the appointment of a provost before the end of spring semester 2020.
- The search committee will conduct an active national search to attract a diverse group of highly qualified candidates.
- The search-committee chair will make periodic reports about the progress of the search to members of the MSU Denver community using the search website and to President Davidson.
- The search committee will observe strict confidentiality in the conduct of the search. Any member of the committee who breaches confidentiality may be removed from the committee by the search-committee chair without replacement.
- The search committee will evaluate candidate applications and participate in initial interviews of candidates. The search-committee chair will discuss with the committee and communicate to President Davidson the most efficacious process for finalist interviews that yields the best candidate for MSU Denver.
- The chair of the search committee will meet with President Davidson after the initial interviews to summarize the work of the committee and to recommend up to five unranked finalists for the president and board’s consideration.