Management Major, B.S.
Do you want to control your career and work environment as a corporate business leader or owner of your own business? A Bachelor of Science in Management from MSU Denver’s AACSB-accredited College of Business will help you acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to become an ethical, culturally aware leader with a broad worldview.
As an MSU Denver Management student you will get a broad business education by studying accounting, business analytics, marketing and finance along with management classes that include human resources management, operations, business law, general management and international business.
Taking a classic MSU Denver approach—practical, real-world and multicultural—your business management program will expose you to relevant class projects, resume-building internships, global study and faculty who are not only dedicated professors but who also have professional business experience they bring into the classroom.
The MSU Denver Department of Management offers a number of compelling programs from which to choose:
- B.S. in Management
- B.A. Entrepreneurship
- B.S. International Business
- B.A. Global Business Studies
- Minor in Management
- Minor in Entrepreneurship
- Minor in International Business
Management Bachelor Degree Program Concentrations
Augment your Management program with a concentration in one of the following areas:
- Entrepreneurship — helps prepare you to start a business and bring an entrepreneurial mindset into corporate settings.
- Human Resource Management — provides you with practical knowledge and skills to maximize employee potential in the workplace.
- International Business — offers a foundation in the functions involved in working internationally.
- Legal Environment of Business — focuses your studies on law, ethics and sustainability.
- Operations and Supply Chain Management — teaches principles, concepts and tools that are useful in effectively managing service operations and projects.
Hear from our students:
“It's very exciting to be able to take what I learned during my degree program and actually see its application with what I am doing for a living. I am so grateful for the time I had at MSU Denver and the degree option I chose! I would not be where I am today without it.”
April De Crescentis, MSU Denver ’15, is a product manager at Medtronic.
David Bechtold is an expert on project management and sustainability, who enlivens his classes by getting students involved in community consulting projects.
Eric Blomfelt is an attorney and law firm owner, who serves as executive director of a national risk retention group and owns a ghost tour company in downtown Denver.
Nina Radojevich-Kelley developed and marketed her first product at the age of 18 and has since founded her own company and invested in more than 150 others. She has visited over 110 countries and studies small business ownership in Peru, Mexico and Hawaii.
Apryl Rogers-Brodersen is an expert in assessment and HR management and she brings knowledge from her consulting activities and an innovative approach to human resources topics to the classroom.
Stuart Warnock’s consulting experience and Ph.D. in Production/Operations Management from the University of North Texas, provide him abundant knowledge in supply chain management, project management and business operations to help students understand the importance of company operations.
Meet Heather Han
MSU Denver ’95
Alumni at Work
A Management degree from MSU Denver is an incredibly flexible degree program that will prepare you for business management positions or your own entrepreneurial endeavors.
These are some job titles held by MSU Denver Management alumni:
- Project manager
- Management analyst
- Chief of staffing
- Strategic planner
- Employee training and development specialist
- Corporate director of patient access
- Plant manager
- General manager
- Director of operations
- Franchise vice president
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for management professionals is expected to grow in coming years with median salaries for managers ranging from $81,000 to $99,000.
MSU Management graduates have been accepted for post-graduate study at:
- University of Denver Law School
- University of Colorado Denver
- University of Colorado Boulder
- MSU Denver
- Thunderbird University
- Colorado State University
- Florida State University
- University of Texas at Dallas
Choose from a wide array of Management courses that cover everything from workforce diversity to organizational behavior. Some Management elective courses include:
- Employment and Human Resource Law
- Colorado Water Law and Water Rights Administration
- Managing Business Risk
- Global Entrepreneurship
- Enterprise Management
- Project Management
- Advanced Topics in Management
- Organizational & Management Consulting
Special Management Program Opportunity
Take part in MSU Denver’s “Executive on Campus” event hosted by the Management Department, which brings local business and thought leaders to campus to speak and interact with students.
Choose an AACSB-accredited business program. Why? Students who graduate from AACSB-accredited programs tend to command higher salaries and have greater success in getting into the best graduate schools.
Fewer than 5 percent of the world’s business programs have earned this distinction and MSU Denver is one of them. AACSB accreditation ensures that you are studying in a program that has passed the highest quality standards.