Use of Tax-free Alcohol on Campus
Business and Finance
PDF Version: BOT Tax-free Alcohol Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations.
- Purpose: This policy permits the University to procure and use tax-free alcohol for instructional purposes in compliance with state law.
- Scope: This policy applies to University employees.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible Office: Office of the Chief Executive Officer
- Policy Contact: Chief Executive Officer, 303-615-0060
III. Policy Statement
The University shall be permitted to procure and use tax-free alcohol for instructional purposes provided such procurement and use are in strict compliance with Title 12, Chapter 3, C.R.S. The President shall be responsible for the proper acquisition and use of alcohol and shall have the authority to delegate to appropriate individuals on the campus the authority to sign the necessary applications and documents for licenses and requisitions.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 4.9 of the MSCD Trustees Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.