University Representation on the Governing Board of the Auraria Higher Education Center
PDF Version: BOT AHEC Board Representation Policy
- Authority: C.R.S. § 23-54-102, et seq. (2019) authorizes the Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) to establish rules and regulations to govern and operate the University and its programs. The Trustees retain authority to approve, interpret, and administer policies pertaining to University governance. The Trustees authorize the President of MSU Denver to approve, administer, and interpret policies pertaining to University operations. Auraria Board of Directors' policy specifies the chief executive officer of each
institution occupying the Auraria Campus, as well as one member appointed by each institution's board of trustees, as members of the governing board of the Auraria Higher Education Center.
- Purpose: This policy identifies the University officers to represent MSU Denver on the governing board of the Auraria Higher Education Center.
- Scope: This policy applies to the MSU Denver Trustees and President.
- Responsible Executive: Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible Administrator: Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible Office: Office of the Chief Executive Officer
- Policy Contact: Chief Executive Officer, 303-615-0060
The University is entitled to two representatives on the governing board of the Auraria Higher Education Center. The Board of Trustees shall elect one of its members as a representative and the University President shall be the other representative.
IV. Policy History
- Approved by: Board of Trustees
- Effective: April 1, 2019
- Revised: This policy supersedes section 1.14 of the MSCD Trustees Policy Manual, 2007.
- Review: This policy will be reviewed every five years or as deemed necessary by University leadership.